Paper Pattern, Syllabus & Books
APTRANSCO AE / AEE – Electrical Engineering
Here in below table we are listing few topics for each section which were asked in previous examination of APTRANSCO Assistant Engineer (AE) Electrical :
Analytical Aptitude :
|(4)||Profit & Loss|
|(5)||Ratio & Proportion|
|(6)||Time & Work|
|(7)||Time & Distance|
|(8)||Simple & Compound Interest|
|(9)||Area & Volume|
Electrical Engineering :
|(4)||Utilization & Control Systems|
|(6)||Analog and Digital Electronics|
|(7)||Power Electronics and Drives|
1. Electric Circuits : Network graph, KCL, KVL, node and mesh analysis, star/ delta transformation; electromagnetic induction; mutual induction; ac fundamentals; harmonics, transient response of dc and ac networks; sinusoidal steady-state analysis, resonance, ideal current and voltage sources, Thevenin’s, Norton’s, Superposition and Maximum Power Transfer theorems, two-port networks, three phase circuits, power measurement.
2. Electrical Machines : Single phase transformer – equivalent circuit, phasor diagram, tests, regulation and efficiency; three phase transformers – connections, parallel operation; auto-transformer; DC machines – types, windings, generator/ motor characteristics, armature reaction and commutation, starting and speed control of motors; three phase induction motors – principles, types, performance characteristics, starting and speed control; single phase induction motors; synchronous machines – performance, regulation and parallel operation of generators, motor starting, characteristics and applications.
3. Power Systems : Basic power generation concepts; transmission line models and performance; underground cable, string insulators; corona;
distribution systems; per-unit quantities; bus impedance and admittance matrices; load flow; voltage control; power factor correction; economic operation; symmetrical components; fault analysis; principles of over-current, differential and distance protection; protection of alternator, transformer, transmission lines neutral earthing, solid state relays and digital protection; circuit breakers; system stability concepts, swing curves and equal area criterion.
4. Utilization & Control Systems : Principles of feedback; transfer function; block diagrams; steady-state errors; Routh and Nyquist techniques; Bode plots; root loci; lag, lead and lead-lag compensation; Heating – resistance, induction, dielectric; Welding – spot, seam and butt; Electric traction – speed-time curves, tractive effort.
5. Measurements : Bridges and potentiometers; PMMC, moving iron, dynamometer and induction type instruments; measurement of voltage, current, power, energy and power factor; digital voltmeters and multi-meters; phase, time and frequency measurement; Q-meters; oscilloscopes.
6. Analog and Digital Electronics : Characteristics of diodes, BJT, FET; amplifiers – biasing, equivalent circuit and frequency response; oscillators and feedback amplifiers; Combinational and sequential logic circuits; multiplexer; Schmitt trigger; A/D and D/A converters; 8-bit microprocessor basics, architecture, programming and interfacing.
7. Power Electronics and Drives : Semiconductor power diodes,transistors, thyristors, triacs, GTOs, MOSFETs and IGBTs – static characteristics and principles of operation; triggering circuits; phase control rectifiers; bridge converters – fully controlled and half controlled; principles of choppers and inverters; basic concepts of adjustable speed dc and ac drives.
APTRANSCO AEE Guide Books
Click below given links to get further information.
|GATE Total Info||GATE 2020 Books||Free Notes|
|IES Total Info||IES 2020 Books||Free Mock Tests|
|JAM Total Info||JAM 2020 Books||Engg Diploma|
|PSUs Total Info||M Tech Total Info||UGC NET Total Info|
Be a Part of the New & Next
Share the Knowledge