“What is the eligibility criteria for CDS 2018 exam ?
You all must have this kind of questions in your mind. Below article will solve this puzzle of yours. Just take a look.”
Here we have listed all the required eligibility criteria for CDS 2017-2018. Candidates need to read them carefully. Before applying for CDS 2017-2018 exam.
A candidate must either be :
(i) a citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Must check : CDS Age, Attempt & Percentage Limit
(1) For IMA : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1993 and not later than 1st January 1998 only are eligible.
(2) For Indian Naval Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1993 and not later than 1st January 1998 only are eligible.
(3) For Air Force Academy Age : 20 to 24 Years as on 1st January 2017 i.e. born not earlier than 02 January 1993 and not later than 01 January 1997 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 Yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02 January 1991 and not later than 01 January 1997) only are eligible.
(4) For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd January 1992 and not later than 1st January 1998 only are eligible.
(5) For Officers, Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) : Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1992 and not later than 1st January 1998.
(1) For Indian Military Academy and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(2) For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/ Institution.
(3) For Air Force Academy : Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
CDS Guide Books
Click below given links to get further information.
Be a Part of the New & Next
Share the Knowledge