Name of organization : Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
Name of Exam : Combined Defence Services Examination (I)
Website : http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Number of Vacancies : 463
|S. No.||Name of the Post||Vacancies|
|1.||Indian Military Academy||150|
|2.||Indian Naval Academy||45|
|3.||Air Force Academy||32|
|4.||Officers Training Academy (Man)||225|
|5.||Officers Training Academy (Women, Non Technical)||11|
(1) For Indian Military Academy and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(2) For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/ Institution.
(3) For Air Force Academy : Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age Requirement :
(1) For IMA : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1993 and not later than 1st January 1998 only are eligible.
(2) For Indian Naval Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1993 and not later than 1st January 1998 only are eligible.
(3) For Air Force Academy Age : 20 to 24 Years as on 1st January 2017 i.e. born not earlier than 02 January 1993 and not later than 01 January 1997 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 Yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 02 January 1991 and not later than 01 January 1997) only are eligible.
(4) For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (married or unmarried) born not earlier than 2nd January 1992 and not later than 1st January 1998 only are eligible.
(5) For Officers, Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) : Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1992 and not later than 1st January 1998.
How to apply :
Visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Application Fee :
(1) General & OBC Candidates : Rs. 200 /-
(2) SC/ST & PWD, Female Candidates : No fee
Important Dates :
Starting Date of Online Registration : 09/11/2016
Closing date of Online Registration : 02/12/2016
CDS – (I) Notification :
Selection Procedure :
1- The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of objective type examination.
2- The final selection will be done after Personal Interviews (PI).
CDS Guide Books
Click below given links to get further information.
Be a Part of The New & Next
Share the Knowledge