Where to get sample/model questions for IES 2018 GS & EA paper ?
How to prepare for IES 2018 GS & EA section ?
You all must have this kind of questions in your mind. Below article will solve this puzzle of yours. Just take a look.”
UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) recently introduced some changes in ESE/IES (Engineering Services Examination) paper pattern & syllabus. Now there would be two objective papers in ESE/IES 2018 examination.
One paper is General studies & engineering aptitude and another is Technical paper. General studies & engineering aptitude, this is the section where ESE/IES 2018 candidates are mainly being confused about what to prepare in this section and from where. We would like to explain here that this General studies & engineering aptitude section contain 10 topics. Here in the table given below we are providing detail of those 10 sections. Which are as follows :
|1.||Current issues of national and international importance relating to Social, Economic and Industrial development.|
|2.||Engineering Aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability.|
|3.||Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis.|
|4.||General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety.|
|5.||Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services.|
|6.||Basics of Energy and Environment : Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment.|
|7.||Basics of Project Management.|
|8.||Basics of Material Science and Engineering.|
|9.||Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance and technology based education.|
|10.||Ethics and values in Engineering profession.|
UPSC published a PDF document which contain model questions for General studies and engineering aptitude section for Engineering services examination (ESE/IES). The aim of publishing such model question is to aware ESE/IES aspirants about what kind of question would UPSC asked in ESE/IES examination. Candidates can use these questions as guidance questions for the above given 10 topics of General studies & engineering aptitude.
We classified all these questions in the 10 topics which are defined in ESE/IES General studies and engineering aptitude syllabus. There are total 30 question in PDF which is provided by UPSC. We are providing this classification in the hope that it will help candidates who are worrying about General studies and engineering aptitude section. Please read complete post in order to understand theme of this ESE/IES 2018 General studies and engineering aptitude section completely.
1. Current issues of national and international importance relating to Social, Economic and Industrial development.
2. Engineering aptitude covering Logical reasoning and Analytical ability.
3. Engineering Mathematics and Numerical Analysis.
4. General Principles of Design, Drawing, Importance of Safety.
5. Standards and Quality practices in production, construction, maintenance and services.
6. Basics of Energy and Environment : Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, Climate Change, Environmental impact assessment.
7. Basics of Project Management.
8. Basics of Material Science and Engineering.
9. Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) based tools and their applications in Engineering such as networking, e-governance and technology based education.
10. Ethics and values in Engineering profession.
However we tried our level best to make this classification error free
but if you find any error please let us know we will rectify that error as soon as possible.
Thanks & Good Luck for IES 2018 Exam 🙂
IES/ESE GS & EA Books
IES/ESE Guide Books
Click below given links to get further information.
|GATE Total Info||GATE 2020 Books||Free Notes|
|IES Total Info||IES 2020 Books||Free Mock Tests|
|JAM Total Info||JAM 2020 Books||Engg Diploma|
|PSUs Total Info||M Tech Total Info||UGC NET Total Info|
Be a Part of the New & Next
Share the Knowledge