Job Profile :
1. Guard is the in charge of a running train. Goods Guard will be in charge of a goods train. His duties include :
(1) Get the vehicle guidance (VG – written document containing numbers of wagons, their tare weight, load tonnage of individual wagons, total tonnage)from Station Master/Yard Master.
(2) Check the entire formation for anything that can endanger safe running of trains.
(3) Check that doors of wagons are closed.
(4) Check the brake continuity with Loco Pilot.
(5) Sign the Brake Power certificate(BPC) after ensuring sufficient brake power
(6) Constantly monitor the formation on the run for any abnormalities.
(7) Prepare train reports like Combined Train Reports, Late Arrival Reports…
(8) Attend along with LP/ALP minor troubles experienced on the run like brake binding etc.
2. Job of a Goods Guard is somewhat strenuous in nature that he has stay in his brake van during the entire run where no basic facilities are given. Nowadays the situation has slightly improved with the running of 8 wheeler Brake van. Brake vans are not lit during night and the train may wait in way side stations long hours sometimes for crossing/precedence of Express trains.
The strenuous nature of the job is compensated by allowances of which the important one is Running Allowance. You are paid Running Allowance based on the monthly kilometres on the run.
3. Career path : Passenger Guard → Express Guard / Passenger Guard → Section Controller → Chief Controller → So on …
When he is promoted to a non-running post like Section Controller his pay is fixed taking into consideration pay element of Running Allowance, which is highly beneficial for the employee.
Guards can also write LDCE exams for Group B Gazetted post of Assistant Operations Manager(AOM).
Pay Scale :
Rs. 5,200 – 20,200 /- & Grade Pay – Rs. 2,800 /-
Educational Qualification :
Degree from recognized University or its equivalent.
Age Limit :
Age Group 18-32 Years Lower Data of Birth for All 01.01.1998 Upper Data of Birth UR - 02.01.1984 OBC - 02.01.1981 SC/ST - 02.01.1979 UR(PWD) - 02.01.1974 OBC(PWD) - 02.01.1971 SC/ST(PWD) - 02.01.1969
Examination Fee :
(1) UR/OBC male candidates = Rs. 100/-
(2) SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen / Women/ Minorities/ Persons with Disabilities/Economically backward classes = No examination fee
Application Form Details :
How to apply : Click Here
Selection Process :
Single stage Computer Based Test followed by document verification.
Goods Guard(GG) Paper Pattern, Syllabus & Books :
RRB (Railways) Guide Books
Click below given links to get further information.
IB ACIO Total Info IBPS Clerk Total Info BSNL JAO Total Info OICL AO Total Info UIIC Assistant Total Info JAM Total Info UGC NET Total Info KVS Total Info JAM 2018 Books NIACL Assistant Total Info CDS Total Info NDA Total Info
Be a Part of The New & Next
Share the Knowledge