“What are some good tips for gate 2023 exam preparation?
Is there any trick which can help in gate 2023 exam preparation in last months?
You all must have this kind of questions in your mind nowadays. Below article will solve this puzzle of yours. Just take a look.”
15 Must Read Tips and Tricks for GATE 2023 Aspirants – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science.
GATE is a national level competitive examination which is taken by more than 10 lacs candidates every year for post-graduation, research and PSU job opportunities. GATE 2024 exam will be conduct by IISc, Bangalore on dates 3, 4 and 10, 11 February, 2024.
- GATE 2024 Highlights
- GATE Study Time Table
- GATE Best Books for ME (Mechanical Engineering)
- GATE Best Books for CE (Civil Engineering)
- GATE Best Books for EE (Electrical Engineering)
- GATE Best Books for ECE (Electronics and Communications)
- GATE Best Books for CSE (Computer Science and Engineering)
- GATE Best Books for Engineering Mathematics
- GATE Preparation Tips and Tricks FAQs
- Related Links
- GATE Total Information & Guidance
GATE 2024 Highlights
|GATE 2024 Conducting Body||IISc, Bangalore|
|GATE 2024 Exam Date||3, 4, 10, 11 February, 2024|
|GATE 2024 Total Subjects||30|
|GATE 2024 Exam Mode||ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|GATE 2024 Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|GATE 2024 Total Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject)= 65|
|GATE 2024 Total Marks||100|
|GATE 2024 Question Type||MCQ, MSQ, NAT|
Candidates which are highly motivated and with a clear vision of their goals will only be able to score high in the GATE exam. In order to crack GATE 2023, candidates must have a proper strategic plan for GATE 2023 examination.
The GATE score of a candidate reflects the relative performance level of a candidate. The tips listed below summerised all the elements you need to score high in GATE 2023 examination, starting with getting familiar with the syllabus & paper pattern, to taking mock tests, and do’s and don’ts in the last few days leading up to the GATE 2023 examination.
GATE is one of the most competitive examinations in India. There are various coaching institutes that offer a proper path for the aspirant but it is not the only way to score well in the exam.
Therefore, we have come up with some essential tips that candidates may follow to get great success in GATE 2023 examination without coaching.
1. First of all go through latest syllabus of GATE completely. Read every single topic of each subject carefully mentioned in the GATE syllabus.
“It is important to know what to study but
it is more important to know what not to study“
Because you have to choose subjects to study as per GATE syllabus you do not need to study all subjects which you have studied during your B.E. / B. Tech. course.
2. Buy Made Easy / ACE Academy GATE previous years papers book with explained solution. It will surely help greatly those who are preparing self at home.
3. Always read standard books.
Why need to read standard books ?
Because standard books written by highly experienced Professors of reputed institutes / universities. Data available in those books are very well examined on theoretical as well as practical measurements. These books always comes with complete analysis and statistics, which you can find on the start and last of the books.
GATE papers are designed by IISc, IIT, NITs highly experienced professor those who have written many international and national level books and articles. So always try to use standard books.
Try to avoid mere knowledge books. Some standard publications are Tata McGraw-Hill (TMH), Prentice-Hall of India (PHI), Wiley etc.
4. Many would say 3 to 4 month serious preparation is enough but I would suggest you as per present competition, You must start your preparation as soon as possible targeting GATE 2023 examination.
5. First of all make proper plan before starting your GATE preparation. What you have to study ? What you have already studied or in which areas you are weak and in which areas you are strong ? How many hours you have in a day for GATE preparation ? Specially if you are preparing for GATE with college study.
GATE Study Time Table
|Day||At least 2 Hours||More Than 2 hours||2-3 hours|
|Monday||Engineering Maths||Subject Specific Topics||Numerical Ability|
|Tuesday||Subject Specific Topics||Subject Specific Topics||Verbal Ability|
|Wednesday||Engineering Maths||Subject Specific Topics||Subject Specific Topics
(Pick those that need more time)
|Thursday||Subject Specific Topics||Engineering Maths
(Pick the ones that need more time to cover)
|Friday||Subject Specific Topics||Verbal Ability||Numerical Ability|
|Saturday||Subject Specific Test||Full-Length Mock Test||Analyze Your Mock Test|
|Sunday||Subject Specific Test||Full-Length Mock Test||Analyze Your Mock Test|
6. In free time try to read articles or guide notes written by previously qualified candidates or toppers. It will surely give you a good idea about GATE preparation because experience take time and you are getting it without wasting your time. If possible try to communicate with them so that they can rectify your silly mistakes in your preparation strategy.
7. Always keep a copy of syllabus of GATE with you, refer it as much as possible because many time we try to ignore many topic and those topics have big portion in your GATE paper and that inversely affect your rank in GATE examination.
8. Don’t start your preparation in rush like preparing all subjects at once. Starting studying everything like theory and numerical of all subjects at once it will confuse you in last time preparation. Start with basics then go high as you find yourself good enough prepared. As per my suggestion make your GATE preparation plan in three steps :
(1) First basic studies like definitions, units, dimensions etc. It will help you very well during extensive study.
(2) Theoretical portion of that particular subject.
(3) Numerical portion of that particular subject.
At last revision of that particular subject before starting new one. Try to study only one subject at a time. If you can manage two subjects at a time that would also good.
But more then two subjects at a time may lead you in big confusion in last time preparation or at revision time.
9. Try to solve as much as possible theoretical and numerical problems because as said “Practice makes man perfect”.
I will suggest you read only one subject at a time from only one book. That one book must good enough to follow GATE syllabus. So before starting GATE study, consult with your seniors or GATE qualifiers about books for GATE preparation.
Do not follow books without knowledge because all books don’t have good learning material it may lead you less marks in GATE exam.
GATE Best Books for ME (Mechanical Engineering)
|Subjects||Books and Authors|
|Design of Machine Element||Machine Design by VB Bhandari|
|Engineering Mechanics||Engineering Mechanics by Bhavikatti|
|Heat Transfer||Heat & Mass Transfer by JP Hollman-RC Sachdeva|
|Fluid Mechanics||Fluid Mechanics by RK Bansal/Modi and Seth|
|Industrial Engineering||By OP Khanna, Buffa, and Sarin|
|Strength of Materials||By Gere and Timoshenko/BC Punamia|
|Thermo – Dynamics||By Cengel|
|Vibrations||Mechanical Vibration by Grover|
GATE Best Books for CE (Civil Engineering)
|Subjects||Books and Authors|
|Strength of Material||B. C Punmia, U. C Jindal, R. K Bansal|
|Design of Steel Structure||SK Duggal|
|Structural Analysis||Theory of Structure by S. Ramamrutham & R. Narayan|
|RCC Design||Refer to the book Reinforced Concrete Design written by Devdas Menon and S Pillai|
|Environment Engineering||SK Garg|
|Fluid Mechanics-Hydraulics||Written by PN Modi and SM Seth|
|Engineering Hydrology||K Subramanya|
|Highway Engineering||S. K. Khanna & C. E. G. Justo|
|Fluid Mechanics||Yunus Senegal|
GATE Best Books for EE (Electrical Engineering)
|Subjects||Books and Authors|
|Electromagnetic Fields||Engg Electromagnetics by WH Hayt, JA Buck|
|Signal and System||By PS Bhimbhra
By Allan S Willsky, S Hamid Nawab
|Power System||By CL Wadhwa
By Nagrath & Kothari
|Control System||IJ Nagrath & M Gopal|
|Power Electronics||By PS Bhimbhra|
|Analog and Digital Electronics||Integrated Electronics: Analog And Digital Circuits And Systems by Christos C. Halkias, Chetan D. Parikh Jacob Millman.
Digital Design by M.Morris Mano.
GATE Best Books for ECE (Electronics and Communications)
|Subjects||Books and Authors|
|Networks||Fundamentals of Electrical Circuits by Charles K. Alexander, Matthew N. O. Saidiku|
|Signal and System||Signal and System by Alan V. Oppenheim, Allan S. Willsky, S.Hamid Nawab|
|Digital Circuits||Digital Logic and Computer Design by M.Morris Mano|
|Electromagnetics||Principle of Electromagnetics by Matthew N. O. Saidiku|
|Analog Circuits||Microelectronic Circuits: Theory and Applications by Kenneth C Smith|
|Analog and Digital Communication||Principles of Communication by Herbert Taub, Goutam Saha, Donald Schilling|
GATE Best Books for CSE (Computer Science and Engineering)
|Subjects||Books and Authors|
|Algorithms||Introduction to Algorithms by Thomas H. Cormen, Charles E. Leiserson, Ronald L. Rivest, Clifford Stein|
|Operating System||Operating System concepts by Silberschartz Galvin, Gagne|
|Theory of Computation||An Introduction to Formal languages and Automata by Peter Linz|
|Databases||Refer to the book named Database System Concepts written by Silberschatz, Sudarshan, and Korth|
|Digital Logic||Digital Logic and Computer Design by M. Morris Mano|
GATE Best Books for Engineering Mathematics
|Higher Engineering Maths||BS Grewal|
|GATE Engineering Maths||Arihant Publications|
|Advance Engineering Maths||Erwin Kreyszig|
10. Stay with a particular topic, understand what GATE paper designer ask from that topic, read all questions asked in GATE previous years, try to solve similar kind of question from as much as possible books.
11. When you find you have done enough questions for that particular topic then try to find some tricks that will help you to solve question with in shortest possible time so that you can utilize your remaining time in other questions solving because in GATE paper three kind of questions they asked :
(1) Easy : Which many students would be able to answer without much preparation.
(2) Moderate : These kind of question easily answered by who prepared for GATE with some awareness.
(3) Hard : For this kind of questions student need very good preparation of every single topic of each subject mentioned in the GATE syllabus.
This kind of question mostly lengthy and include more than 1 logic which you have to apply to solve that particular question. Many times 3-4 logic. So, such kind of question need more attention and need more time to solve than easy questions. So always try to save your time in exam for such kind of questions.
12. Always try to develop some good tricks while you study at home because to be master in some kind of tricks you have to practice it as much as possible time.
You can learn it from a magician he work for a single trick nearly 10-12 hours in a single day for just making one show of some minutes but what after introducing that trick ?
All the people in the hall just praise his work and clap for his trick, Same as that magician you have to practice as much as possible to make your trick successful for that you need to study continuously for hours with very high concentration.
13. Mock tests are the most important part in your preparation because you are going to prepare for an exam not for writing a book. So, if you will not try to prepare in exam like environment you will surely do some silly kind of mistakes in the exam that in return lead you less marks.
So if possible try to make some mock tests by yourself if you can’t afford any coaching expanses or try to collect some test papers from your friends who have joined coaching and taking mock tests.
You can use those papers as your own mock test preparation, Just sit with your table and chair like in exam, set a clock for 3 hours exam like as exam hall and try to solve question same as you would solve in your GATE exam.
If you can afford coaching expenses then you may join any test series of good coaching institute.
Mock tests give you a good idea about time management in the exam hall in which many fails due to some silly reasons.
The whole plan of exam must be in your mind like you have given this exam many times even if you are giving it first time. It would only possible if you prepare yourself for this exam previously very well.
14. Always evaluate yourself, not just run like a horse in a race. Make a plan for study. Study for 6 days in a week and left 1 day for revision purpose for what you have studied in last 6 days. Same do it for a month plan. Leave 2-3 days of a month in last for the revision for what you have studied in that particular month.
You need to revise what you have studied in your whole preparation like if you have 6 months for GATE preparation than you have to complete your whole GATE syllabus in just 5 months.
Keep last month for revision because you can’t revise/recall everything what you have studied in last 5 months without revising it.
15. If you don’t have enough time to prepare the whole syllabus of GATE then first calculate in what areas examiner asked questions the most try to prepare them first then others.
If you need any kind of guidance or have any kind of query related to GATE examination preparation you may write it below through comment box. We will provide solution as soon as possible. Feel free to ask anything related to GATE preparation.
Good Luck for your GATE 2023 Exam 🙂
GATE Preparation Tips and Tricks FAQs
How to prepare for GATE 2023?
Follow these basic steps for GATE 2023 exam preparation:
1. First, Check GATE syllabus,
2. Check GATE exam pattern,
3. Give more and more mock tests,
4. Start with easy topics,
5. Be confident during GATE 2023 preparation,
6. Buy best and authentic books and resources,
7. Make proper notes,
8. Make a proper study plan,
9. Take enough rest during the preparation time.
10. Believe in yourself.
Is it easy to crack GATE 2023 Exam?
Cracking GATE 2023 exam will require hard work, time management, dedication and proper use of resources. If you are dedicated to cracking GATE 2023 exam, you can clear it easily.
Can GATE 2023 be prepared in 6 months?
Nothing is difficult if you are really concentrated and committed. With proper support, plan, education, and time management, candidates can clear the GATE 2023 exam in 6 months.
How much time is required for GATE 2023 preparation?
The answer actually depends on person to person. You have to put all your time, resources and effort into preparing the best for your GATE 2023 exam.
How much time is needed for GATE 2023 Preparation?
A candidate who study 7-8 hours a day, Can easily crack the GATE 2023 Exam in 8-10 months of preparation.
- Preparation Time Table for GATE 2024
- Preparation Strategy for GATE 2024 | Detailed Comparison
- Top 10 Mistakes Done By GATE 2024 Aspirants
- Is it necessary to join coaching for GATE 2024?
|GATE (Reasoning & Aptitude & Maths) Books
|GATE Guide Books
GATE Total Information & Guidance
Click below given links to get further information.
|GATE 2024 Total Info||GATE 2024 Books||Free Notes 2023|
|IES 2024 Total Info||IES 2024 Books||Free Mock Tests 2023|
|JAM 2024 Total Info||JAM 2024 Books||Engg Diploma 2023|
|PSUs 2023 Total Info||M Tech 2023 Total Info||UGC NET 2023 Total Info|