IIT BOMBAY | GATE 2021 | OFFICIAL WEBSITE
ALL INFORMATION AT ONE PLACE
- 1 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Official Website
- 2 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Notification
- 3 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Dates
- 4 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Registration
- 5 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Registration Fee
- 6 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Eligibility
- 7 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Papers & Paper Codes
- 8 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Syllabus
- 9 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Exam Pattern
- 10 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Books
- 11 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Virtual Calculator
- 12 IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Score
- 13 GATE Total Information & Guidance
GATE 2021 Official Website | IIT Bombay Official Website – Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination. This exam is primarily conduct to examine the understanding level of the candidate in various undergraduate subjects in Engineering / Technology / Architecture and post-graduate level subjects in Science.
Officially upcoming Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2021 will be conducted by IIT Bombay.
GATE 2013 was conducted by IIT Bombay last time.
GATE 2021 Official Website : IIT Bombay – Click Here!
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Delhi, Bombay, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) collectively supervise the conduct of GATE. The operation associated to GATE in each of the eight zones are managed by a zonal GATE Office on the IITs or IISc.
Must Check : IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Information Brochure
The information in this brochure is mainly categorized into Pre-Examination (Eligibility, Application Submission, Examination Centres, etc.), Examination (Pattern, Marks/Score, etc.) and Post-Examination (Answers, Contests, Results, Scorecard, etc.) sections.
GATE is run and performed collectively by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) on favor of the National Coordination Board (NCB)-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Must Check : Year Wise List of GATE Organizing Institutes
The GATE committee includes representatives from these administering institutes, is the only authority for regulating the examination and declaring the results. GATE is carried out by means of the collaboration of eight zones. The zones and the corresponding administrative institutes are :
Zone-1: Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
Zone-2: Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
Zone-3: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
Zone-4: Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati
Zone-5: Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
Zone-6: Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Zone-7: Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
Zone-8: Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
GATE 2021 notification will be released by GATE office in the month of July, 2020. The notification will include all necessary details like exam dates, application date, form filling procedure, exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility and other important details related to GATE 2021 examination.
Must Check : IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Notification
|Online Application Form Availability||1st week of September, 2020|
|Last Date of Application Form Submission||1st week of October, 2020|
|Application Form Correction||2nd week of October, 2020|
|Last Date for Change in Examination City||3rd week of October, 2020|
|GATE 2021 Admit Card Availability||1st week of January, 2021|
|GATE 2021 Exam Date||1st & 2nd Saturday & Sunday of February, 2021|
|Answer Key Availability||After 1 Month of Examination|
|GATE 2021 Result Declaration||Last week of March, 2021|
|GATE 2021 Score Card Download||Last week of March, 2021 to Last week of May, 2021|
|Counselling Commence||2nd week week of April, 2021|
Must Check : IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Important Dates
Candidates can use GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) for GATE 2021 registration. Here we are providing some basic information about GATE 2021 registration please check below.
(1) Candidates have to apply for GATE 2021 examination using online mode only.
(2) GATE 2021 registration will be started from the 1st week of September, 2020.
(3) GATE 2021 registration will be end till the 1st week of October, 2020.
(4) Candidates have to register as a “New User” for GATE 2021 examination registration.
(5) After successful registration candidates be able to access to GOAPS using their GOAPS Enrollment ID and GOAPS Password.
(6) While filling GATE 2021 application form candidates need to upload scanned photograph, signature, thumb impression, degree certificate or category certificate.
Must Check : IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Exam Schedule/Dates
GATE 2021 registration fee details is given below :
|Women Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PWD Candidates||Rs. 750/-|
|All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-|
|GATE International Candidates||US Dollars 50|
# Note : Candidates can pay the application fee via Net banking, debit card or e-challan.
Must Check : IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Application
Eligibility to appear for GATE 2021 exam is as follows :
(1) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2) and those who are pursuing the final year of such program.
(2) Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (Post-B.Sc./Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
(3) Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
(4) Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master’s degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology.
(5) Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree programme or Dual Degree programme in Engineering/Technology.
(6) Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institute of Engineers (India); AMICE by Institute of Civil Engineers (India)) as equivalent to B.E. /B. Tech. Those who have completed section A or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Must Check : IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
GATE examination conducted in 25 subjects (also referred to as “papers”) by an ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT). A candidate can choose any one of the following listed subjects.
|GATE Paper||Code||GATE Paper||Code|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Instrumentation Engineering||IN|
|Architecture and Planning||AR||Mechanical Engineering||ME|
|Bio-medical Engineering||BM||Mining Engineering||MN|
|Civil Engineering||CE||Petroleum Engineering||PE|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS||Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC||Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|Electrical Engineering||EE||Engineering Sciences||XE*|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY||Life Sciences||XL**|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
XE and XL papers collectively represent the several papers of engineering and science. you have to choose any one of these below listed subjects as one of your GATE paper.
|*XE Paper Sections||Code||**XL Paper Sections||Code|
|Engineering Mathematics (Compulsory)||A||Chemistry (Compulsory)||P|
|Any two optional sections||Any two optional sections|
|Polymer Science and Engineering||F||Food Technology||U|
|Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences||H|
Note: CE and ME papers: Examination may be conducted in multiple sessions. However, a candidate is allowed to appear in only ONE specified session.
GATE exam held for 25 papers. Candidates can choose any GATE paper as per their graduation subject. So, Syllabus for each stream is different. GATE 2021 aspirants can download the official PDF of GATE 2021 syllabus for AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, PE, PH, PI, TF and XL from the link given below.
Must Check : IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Paper Pattern & Syllabus
|Section||Question No.||No. of Questions||Marks Per Question||Total Marks|
|General Aptitude||1 to 5||5||1||5|
|Technical + Engineering Mathematics||1 to 25||25||1||25|
|26 to 55||30||2||60|
|Total Questions : 65||Total Marks : 100||Total Duration : 3 hours|
|Technical Section : 70 marks||General Aptitude : 15 marks||Engineering Mathematics : 15 marks|
# Note : Numeric Answer Type Questions will carry 25 marks to 40 marks out of 100 marks.
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) 2021 will be conducted by IIT Bombay. GATE 2021 will be conducted for a total of 25 subject papers. GATE 2021 aspirants can check GATE 2021 recommended book list for AE, AG, AR, BT, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MT, PE, PH and PI from the link given below.
Must Check : IIT Bombay GATE 2021 Books
Nowadays in GATE exam a virtual calculator will be provided during online examination by GATE office. This virtual calculator is an online calculator which contains all the operations and functions for carrying out calculations and will be integrated with your online GATE exam panel. No physical calculator will be allowed in the examination hall during GATE 2021 examination. GATE 2021 candidates have to use the virtual calculator for solving Numerical Answer Type Questions.
This GATE score is used for admissions to post-graduate programs (e.g., M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian institutes like IISC, IITs, NITs and various other colleges of higher education with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies.
This GATE score may be utilized by Public and Private Sector units for employment screening purposes. Nowadays several public sector undertaking are using GATE scores for screening for providing a salaried employment. Such few organizations are: Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL), National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC), Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL) etc.
Must Check : PSUs through GATE – 2020
GATE (Reasoning & Aptitude & Maths) Books
GATE Guide Books
Click below given links to get further information.
|GATE Total Info||GATE 2020 Books||Free Notes|
|IES Total Info||IES 2020 Books||Free Mock Tests|
|JAM Total Info||JAM 2020 Books||Engg Diploma|
|PSUs Total Info||M Tech Total Info||UGC NET Total Info|