IBPS SO Salary 2020 – Aspirants who wants to join IBPS as SO have to go through a selection process. A candidate who clear all the levels of selection process will be eligible for the selection in IBPS as SO. In order to keep you aspirants motivated for IBPS SO examination, We are writing this article focusing on IBPS SO Salary, Allowances, Job Profile, Roles and Responsibilities, Pay Scale, Career Prospects, Growth, Opportunities and more.
Name of organization : Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)
Type : Government of India
Website : http://www.ibps.in/
IBPS SO Salary in hand & Pay scale :
Name of Post : Specialist Officer (SO)
|S. No.||IBPS Specialist Officer Posts|
|1.||I.T. Officer (Scale I)|
|2.||Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)|
|3.||Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)|
|4.||Law Officer (Scale I)|
|5.||HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)|
|6.||Marketing Officer (Scale I)|
Salary : ₹ 33,000 – 35,000/- (approx)
CTC : ₹ 8.00 Lakhs (approx)
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) recruit SO with an entry basic pay of 23,700.
|Component||Salary Structure (₹)|
|Post Level||Scale I|
|Dearness Allowances (DA)||36 % of Basic|
|House Rent Allowances (HRA)||7 / 8 / 9 % of Basic|
|Special Allowances||7.75 % of Basic|
|City Compensatory Allowances (CCA)||0 / 3 / 4 % of Basic|
|Total Pay||38,000 – 39,000/-|
|Provident Fund (PF) Contribution||3,000 – 3,500|
|Salary in Hand||33,000 – 35,000/-|
IBPS SO growth opportunities are decent and will be quite beneficial if your performance is consistent and you follow your responsibilities rigorously. The promotions in case of IBPS SO are as follows :
|Officer Scale I||23700-980(7)-30560-1145(2)-32850-1310(7)-42020.|
|Officer Scale II||31705-1145(1)-32850-1310(10)-45950.|
|Officer Scale III||42020-1310(5)-48570-1460(2)-51490.|
Annual average salary of IBPS SO vary in between Rs. 7,00,000 – 8,00,000 /-. Here in the below table we are providing the career growth & promotions in IBPS bank. Promotion level for SO in IBPS can be calculated as shown below :
|S. No.||Level||Name of Post|
|1.||Junior Management – Scale 1||Officer / Assistant Manager|
|2.||Junior Management – Scale 2||Manager|
|3.||Middle Management – Scale 3||Senior Manager|
|4.||Senior Management – Scale 4||Chief Manager|
|5.||Senior Management – Scale 5||Assistant General Manager|
|6.||Top Management – Scale 6||Deputy General Manager|
|7.||Top Management – Scale 7||General Manager|
The roles and responsibilities of the different posts under IBPS Specialist Officer (SO) are as follows :
|IBPS SO Posts||Roles and Responsibilities|
|I.T. Officer (Scale I)||1. Provide data maintenance, security and support.|
2. Maintenance of computer systems – software. Hardware, network security, etc.
3. Resolve queries related ATM, Kiosks, Internet and mobile banking.
4. Look after Security of Bank Network to avoid cybercrime.
|Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)||1. Understand the banking and financial needs of people.|
2. Provide latest information about various government schemes and benefit plans.
3. Loan inspections and recovery in rural areas.
4. Coordinating with other RRBs, NABARD, and other organizations.
|Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)||1. Translate and proofread banking documents.|
2. Train employees the local language.
3. Conduction of language-related workshops.
|Law Officer (Scale I)||1. Provide legal assistance to the bank.|
2. Prepare legal documents/ matters necessary for various banking processes.
3. Ensure compliance with RBI Norms.
4. Ensure that bank’s engagement in deals/ contracts is legal.
|HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)||1. Conduction of recruitment process.|
2. Conduction of training for the employees.
3. Modify HR policies of the bank as needed.
4. Supervision of overall HR activities.
5. Designing welfare schemes for employees as well as compensation and promotion policies.
|Marketing Officer (Scale I)||1. State or Region-wise marketing and promotional activities.|
2. Responsible for Advertising and coordinating with the agencies for the same.
3. Come up with marketing strategies to scale up the sales/ profit.
4. Research for new products that would be viable growth options for the bank.
IBPS SO Facilities & Allowances :
IBPS SO will not only get handsome salary but also get good amount of facilities & allowances. Which will also provided to newly recruited Specialist Officer (SO) of the Bank as given below :
1. House & Furniture Allowance
2. Medical Allowance
3. Conveyance allowance
4. Newspaper allowance
5. Leave Travel Concession
6. Entertainment Allowance
|IBPS SO Guide Books|
Click below given links to get further information.
|IB ACIO Total Info||IBPS Clerk Total Info||BSNL JAO Total Info|
|OICL AO Total Info||UIIC Assistant Total Info||JAM Total Info|
|UGC NET Total Info||KVS Total Info||JAM 2019 Books|
|NIACL Assistant Total Info||CDS Total Info||NDA Total Info|