IES 2023 Paper – I Answer Key – Available Now!
IES 2023 | ESE 2023
EXPECTED CUT-OFF MARKS
IES 2023 Expected Cut-off Marks – Engineering Services Examination (ESE) also known as IES is one of the popular exams among engineering graduates.
Large number of candidates who want to work for Group A posts or services under various departments of govt. of India appear in this exam.
To select the suitable candidates, UPSC fix the minimum qualifying marks in each stage of recruitment process.
The minimum qualifying marks is considered as the cut-off marks. Those who clear the cut-offs at every stage are eligible for appointment.
IES (Paper-I) Expected Cut-off Marks (Out of 500)
|Name of Discipline||General||OBC||SC||ST|
|Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||215-225||200-210||160-170||160-170|
Note: Expected cut-off marks for UPSC IES/ESE 2023 calculated by our team as per previous years record. It is for analysis purpose. Final cut-off provided by UPSC may differ from the above Cut-off.
* Candidates who attain minimum marks in Stage-I (objective papers) i.e., marks out of 500 only those candidates be eligible for Stage-II (Subjective papers).
Candidates who attain minimum marks in Stage-I + Stage-II i.e., marks out of 1100 only those candidates would be called for personal interview.
* Minimum qualifying standards – Candidates have to secured minimum marks in each of the three objective papers.
- General,OBC, SC & ST candidates = 15% marks
- PH candidates = 10% marks
How to Check IES Cutoff Marks?
Follow these simple steps to retrieve UPSC IES Cutoff scores:
- Visit the official UPSC website.
- Navigate to the relevant discipline link that matches your application.
- View and download the IES Cutoff marks displayed on the screen.
- Save the PDF file for future reference.
How to Calculate UPSC IES Marks?
Follow these steps to calculate your UPSC IES Exam marks:
- The UPSC IES Exam comprises both Prelims.
- In the prelims, a total of 250 questions carrying 500 marks are provided.
- Award 2 marks for each correct answer.
- Account for a negative marking system, where 1/3rd of a mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Calculate Total Marks as follows: Total Marks = (No. Of Correct Answers * 2) – (No. Of Wrong Answers * ⅓).
Factors Affect UPSC IES Cut-off 2023
Several factors contribute to the determination of UPSC IES Cutoff 2023, including:
- The Difficulty Level of the Exam Paper: The complexity of the question paper plays a significant role in setting the cutoff.
- Number of Exam Attendees: The cutoff is influenced by the total count of candidates who participated in the examination.
- Category-wise Seat Availability: The availability of seats in each category affects the cutoff marks for specific categories.
- Total Vacancies: The number of vacancies announced for various posts within the examination also impacts the cutoff determination.
IES 2023 Expected Cut-off Marks FAQs
What is IES?
The Indian Engineering Services (IES) is a combined civil engineering services exam conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) to recruit engineering professionals for various technical and managerial positions in the Government of India.
What is the eligibility criterion for IES?
To appear for the IES exam, a candidate must be an Indian citizen or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan.
The candidate must also have a degree in engineering from a recognized university or institution.
What is the exam pattern for IES?
The IES exam is conducted in three stages - Preliminary, Main, and Personality Test.
The preliminary exam is a screening test, and the main exam is a technical exam. The personality test is a personal interview.
What is the syllabus for IES?
The IES syllabus varies depending on the engineering branch.
The technical part of the syllabus covers topics like engineering mathematics, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and electronics and telecommunications engineering.
What is the marking scheme for IES?
The marking scheme for IES varies for each stage of the exam. For the preliminary exam, one-third of the total marks is deducted for every incorrect answer.
For the main exam, there is no negative marking, and the marks obtained in the main exam are added to the marks obtained in the personality test to determine the final score.
When is the IES exam conducted?
The IES exam is usually conducted in the month of January or February every year.
What is the expected cut-off for IES?
The expected cut-off for IES varies every year and depends on various factors like the difficulty level of the exam, the number of candidates appearing for the exam, and the number of vacancies.
The cut-off is usually released a few weeks after the exam.
How can I prepare for IES?
To prepare for IES, candidates must thoroughly study the syllabus and practice as many mock tests and previous year question papers as possible.
It is also important to refer to good study material and revise regularly.
Is coaching necessary to crack IES?
Coaching is not necessary to crack IES, but it can help candidates in their preparation.
Coaching institutes provide guidance, study material, and regular mock tests, which can help candidates in their preparation.
What is the selection process for IES?
The selection process for IES consists of three stages - Preliminary, Main, and Personality Test. Candidates who clear the preliminary exam are eligible to appear for the main exam.
Candidates who clear the main exam are eligible to appear for the personality test. The final selection is based on the marks obtained in the main exam and the personality test.
|IES/ESE GS & EA Books
|IES/ESE Guide Books
IES Total Information & Guidance
Click below given links to get further information.
|GATE 2024 Total Info||GATE 2024 Books||Free Notes 2023|
|IES 2024 Total Info||IES 2024 Books||Free Mock Tests 2023|
|JAM 2024 Total Info||JAM 2024 Books||Engg Diploma 2023|
|PSUs 2023 Total Info||M Tech 2023 Total Info||UGC NET 2023 Total Info|