“What’s new in GATE 2024?
What would be the effects of these changes on an aspirant of GATE 2024?
You all must have this kind of questions in your mind. Below article will solve this puzzle of yours. Just take a look.”
NEW IN GATE 2024
New in GATE 2024 – GATE 2024 exam will be conduct by IISc, Bangalore on dates 3, 4 and 10, 11 February, 2024.
NEW IN GATE 2023
New in GATE 2023 – GATE 2023 exam will be conduct by IIT, Kanpur on dates 4, 5 and 11, 12 February, 2023.
1. Increased GATE 2023 Application Fee for all category students. The revised application fee for Female/ SC/ ST/ PwD candidates is Rs. 850 while all other candidates are required to pay Rs. 1700 as GATE 2023 Application Fee.
2. GATE 2023 Two-Paper Combination Revised. Just like last year, this year also the two paper combinations have been revised for most of the major subjects.
3. Increase in the number of GATE 2023 Exam Cities. IIT Kanpur will conduct GATE 2023 in India and in cities outside India. The number of GATE 2023 exam cities in India has been increased from 203 (in 2022) to 219 (in 2023).
4. Revised GATE 2023 Exam Shift. GATE is usually conducted in two shifts with timings- 9 AM to 12 PM and 2 PM to 5 PM. IIT Kanpur has however, revised the shift timings for GATE 2023. The exam will now be conducted from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM.
NEW IN GATE 2022
New in GATE 2022 – GATE 2022 exam will be conduct by IIT Kharagpur on dates 5, 6 and 12, 13 February, 2022.
This time GATE office make some major changes in GATE 2022 examination. Those changes were also required as per present competitive environment and day by day introduction of new technologies.
Here we have listed few changes which GATE office introduced in GATE 2022 examination. Candidates can check details of these changes below.
1. New Paper : Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering and Geomatics Engineering have been added to GATE 2022, increasing the total of GATE 2022 subjects to 29.
NEW IN GATE 2021
GATE 2021 Exam would be conduct by IIT, Bombay. GATE 2021 Exam would be schedule from February 5, 6, 7 February 2021 & 12, 13, 14 February 2021.
This time GATE office make some major changes in GATE 2021 examination. Those changes were also required as per present competitive environment and day by day introduction of new technologies.
Here we have listed few changes which GATE office introduced in GATE 2021 examination. Candidates can check details of these changes below.
1. New Paper : Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Sciences (XH) have been added to GATE 2021, increasing the total of GATE 2021 subjects to 27.
2. Eligibility Criteria : Minimum Eligibility Criteria for applying to GATE 2021 has been relaxed, candidates in their third year of undergraduate degree will also be eligible to sit for GATE 2021.
3. Subject Selection : Candidate can now opt for up to two subject papers (from a prescribed set of combinations) that the exam calender would permit. In the previous year a candidate could write only one subject paper.
NEW IN GATE 2020
New in GATE 2020 – GATE office has released GATE 2020 complete notification. This time GATE office make some major changes in GATE 2020 examination.
Those changes were also required as per present competitive environment and day by day introduction of new technologies.
Here we have listed few changes which GATE office introduced in GATE 2020 examination. Candidates can check details of these changes below.
1. New Paper : A new paper Biomedical Engineering (BM) is added in GATE 2020.
NEW IN GATE 2019
GATE office has released GATE 2019 complete notification. This time GATE office make some major changes in GATE 2019 examination. Those changes were also required as per present competitive environment and day by day introduction of new technologies.
Here we have listed few changes which GATE office introduced in GATE 2019 examination. Candidates can check details of these changes below.
1. New Paper : A new paper Statistics (ST) is added in GATE 2019.
NEW IN GATE 2018
1. Exam Centres : While choosing the exam centres for GATE 2018, the candidates will have to select their first two choices from the same GATE zone. The third choice can be from any other GATE zone.
2. Exam Centres : GATE 2018 will also be held in following international cities- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu, Dubai and Singapore.
3. Exam Centres : GATE will be held across 199 cities in India.
4. Thumb Impression : Candidates are not required to upload the scanned image of their thumb impression while filling the GATE online application.
NEW IN GATE 2017
1. New Section : A New Section has been introduced in the Engineering Sciences (XE) Paper. This section is the Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (section H). GATE 2017 XE Paper will now have eight sections from A to H.
2. New Center : A New Exam Center has been introduced in GATE 2017 Exam Centers/Cities List which is Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh).
3. GATE International : International students will now be able to apply for GATE 2017. Students from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E) will be allowed to appear for GATE 2017.
4. Application Process :
(1) Candidates can choose the GATE 2017 Exam Centre second choice in any city in India unlike the previous years where it was restricted to be in the same zone as first choice city.
(2) The Thumb impression of candidates needs to be uploaded during the application procedure.
(3) Candidates who have completed the qualifying degree in 2016 or earlier, need to upload scanned image of degree completion certificate or final year/semester mark sheet.
However, candidates studying in the final year of their qualifying degree ( completing in 2017 or later) need to upload the scanned image of third year (fifth/sixth semester) mark sheet, as proof of eligibility criterion. Similarly this applies to candidates of AMIE, AMICE and other similar programs.
NEW IN GATE 2016
1. An online virtual calculator will be available to examinees at the time of examination. No physical calculator will be allowed. The online virtual calculator will be put on GATE 2016 website for practice before the examination.
Download Offline Virtual Calculator for PC : Click Here
This time gate office is going to integrate online virtual calculator with online computer based test(CBT) in GATE 2016 examination. Candidates will not be allowed to take physical calculator in the exam hall.
This new change have both advantages and disadvantages. This will help the candidates who forgot the calculator to take at the exam center and will trouble the candidates during examination because many candidates would not be familiarize with this online virtual calculator within this short 6 month duration.
However GATE office will put this calculator on GATE official website along with an online Mock Test. Candidates can practice for GATE 2016 online exam and can also be habitual with this online virtual calculator using this online Mock Test.
2. After completion of GATE 2016 examination, all answer keys will be made available for dispute within a short time. Every answer key can be challenged. A nominal fee will be levied to prevent frivolous challenges.
This change is major. Earlier candidates can download their question booklet along with their responses. Now candidates can also challenge answer key if they found any dispute with any answer of the question(s). Candidates need to pay a nominal fee for this.
3. A new paper Petroleum Engineering (PE) is introduced in GATE 2016. With this, the total number of papers is 23.
Earlier there was only 22 paper in GATE till GATE 2015. Now GATE office has added a new subject named “Petroleum Engineering(PE)”. So total number of paper in GATE exam now is 23.
GATE office understand the importance of Petroleum Engineering and its importance in current world and introduced this as a completely new subject in GATE 2016 examination. It will help the candidates specially those who want to join oil & gas related PSUs.
It will also help PSUs in order to select Petroleum Engineers on the basis of their GATE 2016 score at the primary stage of selection.
4. The entire syllabus is available at the GATE 2016 website http://gate.iisc.ernet.in
This time GATE office have changes syllabus of some branches. These changes are important as per the current trend and requirement. There is always a necessity of change for better.
Candidates can downloads all subjects new syllabus as per GATE 2016 notification from this blog. They can compare those syllabus with GATE 2015 syllabus if they were following GATE 2015 for their GATE 2016 preparation till now.
New in GATE 2024 FAQs
What are the major changes in GATE 2024 compared to previous years?
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, there haven't been any specific announcements regarding major changes in GATE 2024. However, it's always advisable to regularly check the official GATE website or other reliable sources for any updates or notifications.
Will the GATE 2024 exam be conducted in an online mode?
GATE exams have been conducted in an online mode (computer-based test) for several years now.
It is expected that GATE 2024 will also follow the same pattern, but it's always best to refer to the official GATE website for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Is there any change in the syllabus for GATE 2024?
The syllabus for GATE exams is generally revised periodically. It's important to refer to the official GATE website for the most recent syllabus and any updates or changes made for GATE 2024.
Are there any changes in the exam pattern or marking scheme for GATE 2024?
Changes in the exam pattern or marking scheme are usually announced by the organizing institute and mentioned on the official GATE website.
As of now, there have been no specific announcements regarding changes in the exam pattern or marking scheme for GATE 2024.
Will GATE 2024 include a virtual calculator for calculations during the exam?
GATE exams have provided a virtual calculator on the computer screen for several years now. It is expected that GATE 2024 will continue to provide a virtual calculator for candidates to use during the exam.
Are there any changes in the eligibility criteria for GATE 2024?
The eligibility criteria for GATE exams are generally defined by the organizing institute.
It's important to refer to the official GATE website or the information brochure for GATE 2024 to know the exact eligibility criteria and any potential changes.
Are there any new guidelines or instructions for the GATE 2024 application process?
The application process for GATE exams may have specific guidelines and instructions, which are usually mentioned in the information brochure or on the official GATE website.
It's advisable to thoroughly read the instructions and follow them while filling out the application form for GATE 2024.
Will there be any changes in the exam centers and locations for GATE 2024?
The exam centers and locations for GATE exams may vary from year to year. The final list of exam centers and locations will be announced on the official GATE website when the application process begins for GATE 2024.
Are there any new features or enhancements in the GATE online portal (GOAPS) for GATE 2024?
Any new features or enhancements in the GATE online portal (GOAPS) will be announced by the organizing institute.
It's recommended to refer to the official GATE website for the latest information on any updates or improvements in the GOAPS system for GATE 2024.
Will there be any changes in the GATE scorecard format for GATE 2024?
Changes in the GATE scorecard format, if any, will be announced by the organizing institute. The scorecard format for GATE 2024 will be mentioned in the information brochure and available for download from the official GATE website.
|GATE (Reasoning & Aptitude & Maths) Books
|GATE Guide Books
GATE Total Information & Guidance
Click below given links to get further information.
|GATE 2024 Total Info||GATE 2024 Books||Free Notes 2023|
|IES 2024 Total Info||IES 2024 Books||Free Mock Tests 2023|
|JAM 2024 Total Info||JAM 2024 Books||Engg Diploma 2023|
|PSUs 2023 Total Info||M Tech 2023 Total Info||UGC NET 2023 Total Info|