“What’s new in GATE 2021 ?
What would be the effects of these changes on an aspirant of GATE 2021 ?
You all must have this kind of questions in your mind. Below article will solve this puzzle of yours. Just take a look.”
New in GATE
New in GATE 2021 – GATE 2021 Exam would be conduct by IIT, Bombay. GATE 2021 Exam would be schedule from February 5, 6, 7 February 2021 & 12, 13, 14 February 2021.
This time GATE office make some major changes in GATE 2021 examination. Those changes were also required as per present competitive environment and day by day introduction of new technologies. Here we have listed few changes which GATE office introduced in GATE 2021 examination. Candidates can check details of these changes below.
Must Check : IIT Bombay | GATE 2021 | Official Website
1. New Paper : Environmental Science and Engineering (ES) and Humanities and Social Sciences (XH) have been added to GATE 2021, increasing the total of GATE 2021 subjects to 27.
2. Eligibility Criteria : Minimum Eligibility Criteria for applying to GATE 2021 has been relaxed, candidates in their third year of undergraduate degree will also be eligible to sit for GATE 2021.
3. Subject Selection : Candidate can now opt for up to two subject papers (from a prescribed set of combinations) that the exam calender would permit. In the previous year a candidate could write only one subject paper.
New in GATE
New in GATE 2020 – GATE office has released GATE 2020 complete notification. This time GATE office make some major changes in GATE 2020 examination. Those changes were also required as per present competitive environment and day by day introduction of new technologies. Here we have listed few changes which GATE office introduced in GATE 2020 examination. Candidates can check details of these changes below.
1. New Paper : A new paper Biomedical Engineering (BM) is added in GATE 2020.
New in GATE
GATE office has released GATE 2019 complete notification. This time GATE office make some major changes in GATE 2019 examination. Those changes were also required as per present competitive environment and day by day introduction of new technologies. Here we have listed few changes which GATE office introduced in GATE 2019 examination. Candidates can check details of these changes below.
1. New Paper : A new paper Statistics (ST) is added in GATE 2019.
New in GATE
1. Exam Centres : While choosing the exam centres for GATE 2018, the candidates will have to select their first two choices from the same GATE zone. The third choice can be from any other GATE zone.
2. Exam Centres : GATE 2018 will also be held in following international cities- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Kathmandu, Dubai and Singapore.
3. Exam Centres : GATE will be held across 199 cities in India.
4. Thumb Impression : Candidates are not required to upload the scanned image of their thumb impression while filling the GATE online application.
New in GATE
1. New Section : A New Section has been introduced in the Engineering Sciences (XE) Paper. This section is the Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences (section H). GATE 2017 XE Paper will now have eight sections from A to H.
2. New Center : A New Exam Center has been introduced in GATE 2017 Exam Centers/Cities List which is Gorakhpur (Uttar Pradesh).
3. GATE International : International students will now be able to apply for GATE 2017. Students from Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Ethiopia and United Arab Emirates (U.A.E) will be allowed to appear for GATE 2017.
4. Application Process :
(1) Candidates can choose the GATE 2017 Exam Centre second choice in any city in India unlike the previous years where it was restricted to be in the same zone as first choice city.
(2) The Thumb impression of candidates needs to be uploaded during the application procedure.
(3) Candidates who have completed the qualifying degree in 2016 or earlier, need to upload scanned image of degree completion certificate or final year/semester mark sheet.
However, candidates studying in the final year of their qualifying degree ( completing in 2017 or later) need to upload the scanned image of third year (fifth/sixth semester) mark sheet, as proof of eligibility criterion. Similarly this applies to candidates of AMIE, AMICE and other similar programs.
New in GATE
1. An online virtual calculator will be available to examinees at the time of examination. No physical calculator will be allowed. The online virtual calculator will be put on GATE 2016 website for practice before the examination.
Download Offline Virtual Calculator for PC : Click Here
This time gate office is going to integrate online virtual calculator with online computer based test(CBT) in GATE 2016 examination. Candidates will not be allowed to take physical calculator in the exam hall. This new change have both advantages and disadvantages. This will help the candidates who forgot the calculator to take at the exam center and will trouble the candidates during examination because many candidates would not be familiarize with this online virtual calculator within this short 6 month duration. However GATE office will put this calculator on GATE official website along with an online Mock Test. Candidates can practice for GATE 2016 online exam and can also be habitual with this online virtual calculator using this online Mock Test.
2. After completion of GATE 2016 examination, all answer keys will be made available for dispute within a short time. Every answer key can be challenged. A nominal fee will be levied to prevent frivolous challenges.
This change is major. Earlier candidates can download their question booklet along with their responses. Now candidates can also challenge answer key if they found any dispute with any answer of the question(s). Candidates need to pay a nominal fee for this.
3. A new paper Petroleum Engineering (PE) is introduced in GATE 2016. With this, the total number of papers is 23.
Earlier there was only 22 paper in GATE till GATE 2015. Now GATE office has added a new subject named “Petroleum Engineering(PE)”. So total number of paper in GATE exam now is 23. GATE office understand the importance of Petroleum Engineering and its importance in current world and introduced this as a completely new subject in GATE 2016 examination. It will help the candidates specially those who want to join oil & gas related PSUs. It will also help PSUs in order to select Petroleum Engineers on the basis of their GATE 2016 score at the primary stage of selection.
4. The entire syllabus is available at the GATE 2016 website http://gate.iisc.ernet.in
This time GATE office have changes syllabus of some branches. These changes are important as per the current trend and requirement. There is always a necessity of change for better. Candidates can downloads all subjects new syllabus as per GATE 2016 notification from this blog. They can compare those syllabus with GATE 2015 syllabus if they were following GATE 2015 for their GATE 2016 preparation till now.
|GATE (Reasoning & Aptitude & Maths) Books
|GATE Guide Books
Click below given links to get further information.
|GATE 2021 Total Info||GATE 2021 Books||Free Notes 2021|
|IES 2021 Total Info||IES 2021 Books||Free Mock Tests 2021|
|JAM 2021 Total Info||JAM 2021 Books||Engg Diploma 2021|
|PSUs 2021 Total Info||M Tech 2021 Total Info||UGC NET 2021 Total Info|