“How to apply for psu recruiting through gate 2023?
What are the name of psu recruiting through gate 2023?
What are the important dates of psu application through gate 2023?
You all must have this kind of questions in your mind. Below article will solve this puzzle of yours. Just take a look.”
PSU 2023 APPLICATION
PSUs THROUGH GATE 2023
PSU 2023 Application – Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) have long been a sought-after destination for engineering graduates in India. The stability, excellent compensation packages, and the chance to work on projects of national importance make PSU jobs highly coveted.
One of the common gateways to secure a PSU job is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE). In this comprehensive guide, we will delve into the world of PSU recruitment through GATE in 2023, providing you with all the information you need to kickstart your career in the public sector.
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Overview of PSU Recruitment Through GATE
- 3. Eligibility Criteria
- 4. Important Dates and Application Process
- 5. PSU Selection Process
- 6. PSU Streams and Disciplines
- 7. Preparation Tips for GATE and PSU Interviews
- 8. PSU Salary and Benefits
- 9. Case Studies and Success Stories
- Additional Resources
- PSU through GATE 2023 FAQs
- PSUs Total Information & Guidance
1.1 What are PSUs?
Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) are government-owned companies or corporations in India. These organizations are significant players in various industries such as energy, telecommunications, manufacturing, and finance.
They are known for their stable work environments, job security, and competitive salary packages. PSUs play a vital role in India’s economic development and infrastructure growth.
1.2 Significance of PSU Jobs
PSU jobs are highly sought after by engineering graduates for several reasons:
- Job Stability: PSUs offer a high level of job security, making them an attractive career choice.
- Competitive Salaries: PSU employees enjoy competitive salaries, perks, and benefits.
- National Projects: Many PSUs are involved in projects of national importance, providing an opportunity to contribute to the nation’s growth.
- Work-Life Balance: PSUs typically offer a good work-life balance, allowing employees to maintain a healthy personal life.
1.3 Role of GATE in PSU Recruitment
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an entrance exam conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
GATE is primarily used to assess a candidate’s understanding of various engineering and science subjects. Over the years, PSUs have recognized the value of GATE scores in selecting qualified candidates. Many PSUs now use GATE scores as a primary criterion for shortlisting candidates for interviews and job offers.
2. Overview of PSU Recruitment Through GATE
2.1 Historical Perspective
The practice of recruiting engineers through GATE scores started with a handful of PSUs and has now expanded to include numerous organizations across different sectors.
This method of recruitment has proven to be efficient and effective in selecting candidates with the requisite technical skills and knowledge.
2.2 Advantages of PSU Jobs
Working in a PSU comes with several advantages, including:
- Job Security: PSUs offer a stable career with job security.
- Competitive Salary: PSU employees receive competitive compensation packages.
- Growth Opportunities: PSUs provide opportunities for career growth and advancement.
- National Impact: PSUs work on projects that contribute to the nation’s development.
2.3 List of Prominent PSUs Recruiting Through GATE in 2023
Here is a list of some prominent PSUs that are expected to recruit through GATE in 2023:
|Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)||Manufacturing and Engineering||Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Chemical|
|Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)||Oil and Gas Exploration and Production||Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Instrumentation, Chemical, Petroleum|
|Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)||Natural Gas and Petrochemicals||Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Civil, Chemical|
|Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)||Power Transmission||Electrical, Electronics, Civil, Computer Science|
|National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)||Power Generation||Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, Mining, Civil, Computer Science|
|Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)||Oil Refining and Marketing||Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Computer Science, Electronics|
|Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)||Oil Refining and Marketing||Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation|
|Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)||Defense and Aerospace||Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science, Civil|
|National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited (NBCC)||Construction||Civil|
|Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)||Nuclear Power Generation||Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Chemical, Instrumentation, Civil|
|Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)||Maharatna|
|Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)||Maharatna|
|National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)||Maharatna|
|Coal India Limited (CIL)||Maharatna|
|Steel Authority of India (SAIL)||Maharatna|
|Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)||Maharatna|
|Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)||Maharatna|
|Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited (NLC)||Navratna|
|Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)||Navratna|
|Oil India Limited (OIL)||Navratna|
|Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)||Navratna|
|Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)||Navratna|
|National Mineral Development Corporation Limited (NMDC)||Navratna|
|Power Finance Corporation Limited||Navratna|
|National Aluminum Company Limited (NALCO)||Navratna|
|Mazagaon Docks Limited (MDL)||Mini-Ratna|
|Airport Authority of India Limited (AAI)||Mini-Ratna|
|Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL)||Mini-Ratna|
|Mineral Exploration Corporation Limited||Mini-Ratna|
2.5 PSU Recruiting Through GATE in 2023
# Note: Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and many more PSUs are expected to announce recruitment through GATE in 2023.
As any Public sector undertaking (PSUs) will release their recruitment notification who are recruiting through GATE 2023, We will update that PSU recruitment related information in the above table.
3. Eligibility Criteria
3.1 Educational Qualifications
Candidates aspiring to secure a PSU job through GATE must meet certain educational qualifications. Typically, candidates should have completed or be in the final year of their Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technology-related field from a recognized university or institute.
The specific educational qualifications may vary from one PSU to another, so candidates should carefully read the respective PSU’s recruitment notification.
3.2 GATE Paper and Score Eligibility
To be eligible for PSU recruitment through GATE, candidates must have a valid GATE score in the relevant paper for the PSU they are applying to.
Each PSU specifies the acceptable GATE papers and the minimum GATE score required for consideration. Candidates should choose the GATE paper that aligns with their engineering discipline.
3.3 Age and Nationality Requirements
In general, candidates should be of a certain age to be eligible for PSU jobs through GATE. However, age requirements can vary among PSUs. Additionally, candidates must be Indian citizens or fulfill the nationality criteria specified by the respective PSU.
4. Important Dates and Application Process
4.1 Release of PSU Recruitment Notifications
PSUs typically release recruitment notifications through leading newspapers, their official websites, and prominent job portals. The notifications provide detailed information about the recruitment process, including eligibility criteria, application procedures, and important dates.
4.2 GATE Exam Dates
To be eligible for PSU recruitment, candidates must appear for the GATE exam. The GATE exam is usually conducted in February, and the results are announced in March.
4.3 PSU Application Deadlines
Candidates must apply for PSU jobs separately after obtaining their GATE registration number. PSU application deadlines vary, but they generally fall in March and April.
4.4 Step-by-Step Application Guide
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for PSU jobs through GATE:
- GATE Registration: Register and appear for the GATE exam in your chosen discipline.
- Obtain GATE Scorecard: Once the GATE results are announced, obtain your GATE scorecard.
- Check PSU Notifications: Keep an eye on PSU recruitment notifications and ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria.
- PSU Application: Visit the official website of the respective PSU and apply for the job online. Complete the application form, upload necessary documents, and pay the application fee if required.
- Shortlisting: PSUs shortlist candidates based on their GATE scores. Check the PSU’s official website or your registered email for updates.
- Interview and GD: If shortlisted, prepare for group discussions (GD) and personal interviews, which are part of the selection process for many PSUs.
- Final Selection: The final selection is based on your GATE score, performance in GD and interview, and other criteria specified by the PSU.
5. PSU Selection Process
5.1 Stages in PSU Recruitment
The selection process for PSU jobs through GATE typically includes the following stages:
- Application: Candidates submit their applications through the PSU’s official website.
- Shortlisting: PSUs shortlist candidates based on their GATE scores.
- Group Discussion (GD): Some PSUs conduct GD to assess communication and group interaction skills.
- Personal Interview (PI): Candidates who clear the GD stage are invited for a personal interview.
- Final Merit List: The final merit list is prepared based on GATE scores, GD, PI, and any additional criteria specified by the PSU.
5.2 The Weightage of GATE Score
The GATE score typically holds significant weightage in the selection process. The exact weightage may vary among PSUs, but a higher GATE score generally improves your chances of being shortlisted.
6. PSU Streams and Disciplines
6.1 List of Acceptable Engineering Disciplines
Different PSUs accept candidates from various engineering disciplines. Some of the commonly accepted disciplines include:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Instrumentation Engineering
6.2 Overview of Job Roles in Different PSU Streams
The job roles available in PSUs vary depending on the sector and the specific PSU. Here’s a brief overview of job roles in different PSU streams:
- Mechanical Engineering: Roles may include design, maintenance, and manufacturing.
- Electrical Engineering: Opportunities in power distribution, electrical design, and maintenance.
- Electronics Engineering: Involvement in electronics design, communication systems, and automation.
- Civil Engineering: Responsibilities in construction, project management, and infrastructure development.
- Chemical Engineering: Roles in process design, chemical production, and quality control.
- Computer Science and Information Technology: Positions in software development, network management, and cybersecurity.
- Instrumentation Engineering: Involvement in control systems, instrumentation design, and automation.
7. Preparation Tips for GATE and PSU Interviews
7.1 Strategies for Excelling in the GATE Exam
Scoring well in the GATE exam is crucial for securing PSU interviews. Here are some strategies to excel:
- Understand the GATE Syllabus: Familiarize yourself with the GATE syllabus and focus on key topics.
- Create a Study Plan: Develop a structured study plan with dedicated time for each subject.
- Practice with Previous Papers: Solve previous years’ GATE papers to understand the exam pattern.
- Take Mock Tests: Take GATE mock tests to assess your preparation and time management.
- Seek Guidance: Consider enrolling in a GATE coaching program or seeking guidance from mentors.
- Stay Healthy: Maintain a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and exercise to stay mentally alert.
7.2 Effective Interview Preparation
Preparing for PSU interviews is equally important. Here’s how to approach it:
- Know Your Resume: Be well-versed with your resume and experiences.
- Technical Knowledge: Brush up on technical concepts related to your discipline.
- Current Affairs: Stay updated on current affairs, especially in the relevant industry.
- Communication Skills: Practice effective communication and interview etiquettes.
- Group Discussion: Prepare for group discussions by participating in mock GDs.
- Mock Interviews: Conduct mock interviews with friends or mentors to gain confidence.
- Be Punctual: Ensure you arrive on time for the interview and dress professionally.
7.3 Enhancing Technical and Communication Skills
To stand out in PSU interviews, enhance your technical and communication skills. Consider the following:
- Join technical forums or clubs related to your discipline.
- Participate in coding competitions or hackathons.
- Develop presentation skills through workshops or courses.
- Improve your writing skills, as clear communication is essential.
8. PSU Salary and Benefits
8.1 Understanding PSU Salary Structure
PSU employees enjoy competitive salary structures, which include several components:
- Basic Pay: The core salary component.
- Dearness Allowance (DA): An allowance to counter inflation.
- House Rent Allowance (HRA): For accommodation expenses.
- Conveyance Allowance: To cover commuting costs.
- Medical Benefits: Health insurance and medical reimbursements.
- Provident Fund (PF): A retirement savings scheme.
- Performance Bonuses: Based on individual and company performance.
- Pension: A post-retirement financial benefit.
8.2 Additional Perks and Benefits
Apart from the salary components, PSU employees often receive additional benefits like subsidized loans, leave policies, and opportunities for professional development and training.
8.3 Career Growth and Advancement
PSUs provide avenues for career growth and advancement. With experience and performance, employees can climb the corporate ladder, taking on more significant roles and responsibilities. Some PSUs even offer opportunities for international assignments and collaborations.
9. Case Studies and Success Stories
Learning from the experiences of those who have successfully secured PSU jobs through GATE can be inspiring and insightful. In this section, we will feature inspiring stories of PSU recruits who started their careers through GATE.
Case Study 1: The Inspiring Journey of Ankit Sharma
Background: Ankit Sharma, an engineering graduate in Electrical Engineering, always dreamt of working in a renowned PSU. After completing his bachelor’s degree, he decided to appear for the GATE exam to pursue this dream.
GATE Success: Ankit put in months of dedicated preparation for the GATE exam. He enrolled in a GATE coaching program that helped him understand the exam pattern and practice with mock tests. He secured an excellent GATE score in the Electrical Engineering paper.
PSU Selection: Ankit applied to several PSUs that were recruiting through GATE. He received interview calls from two PSUs, one being Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL). His technical knowledge and confidence during the interview impressed the interview panel, and he received a job offer from PGCIL.
Current Status: Ankit is now working as an Assistant Engineer at PGCIL. He is proud of his achievement and encourages other engineering graduates to pursue their dreams through the GATE-PSU route. He emphasizes the importance of structured preparation and staying updated with industry trends.
Case Study 2: The Path to Success of Priya Reddy
Background: Priya Reddy, a Civil Engineering graduate, aspired to work in the construction and infrastructure sector. She knew that securing a job in a PSU would provide the stability and career growth she desired.
GATE Success: Priya began her GATE preparation during her final year of engineering. She meticulously covered the GATE syllabus for Civil Engineering, focusing on her weaker areas. Her consistent efforts paid off when she achieved an impressive GATE score.
PSU Selection: Priya applied to several PSUs but was particularly interested in National Buildings Construction Corporation Limited (NBCC). She performed exceptionally well in the GATE interview, showcasing her knowledge of construction techniques and project management. This earned her a coveted position at NBCC.
Current Status: Priya now works as a Management Trainee (Civil) at NBCC. She has been involved in various prestigious projects and continues to learn and grow in her role. Priya encourages civil engineering graduates to aim for PSU jobs as they offer immense opportunities for career development.
Success Story 3: The Remarkable Journey of Rajesh Khanna
Background: Rajesh Khanna, an Electronics and Communication Engineering graduate, had a passion for technology and innovation. He wanted to contribute to the electronics industry and recognized that PSUs were ideal platforms for this.
GATE Success: Rajesh dedicated a significant amount of time to GATE preparation. He enrolled in an online GATE coaching program that allowed him to study at his own pace. He scored exceptionally well in the GATE EC paper.
PSU Selection: Rajesh received interview calls from multiple PSUs, including Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL). His deep understanding of electronics concepts and his ability to relate them to practical applications impressed the interview panel at BEL. He was offered a role as a Deputy Engineer.
Current Status: Rajesh now works at BEL, contributing to the development of cutting-edge electronic systems. He believes that PSU jobs offer engineers a chance to work on projects of national importance and encourages his peers to pursue a similar path.
These case studies and success stories highlight the diverse backgrounds and journeys of individuals who have achieved their career aspirations through PSU recruitment via GATE. Their determination, hard work, and dedication serve as inspiration for aspiring PSU candidates.
In conclusion, PSU recruitment through GATE offers a golden opportunity for engineering graduates to secure stable and rewarding careers in the public sector. By understanding the eligibility criteria, preparing diligently for the GATE exam, and excelling in interviews, candidates can make their dreams of working in a PSU a reality.
To stay updated with PSU recruitment notifications and enhance your preparation, refer to the official websites of various PSUs. Additionally, consider using recommended study materials and coaching centers to maximize your chances of success.
For further information and resources related to PSU recruitment through GATE, visit the following:
PSU through GATE 2023 FAQs
How many PSUs recruit through GATE Score every year?
Nearly 50 PSUs including BARC, BHEL, DRDO, DMRC, GAIL, ONGC, IOCL and many other PSUs are using GATE score. However, your selection in any PSU will depend on the cut-off score of the respective PSU.
What is the salary of PSUs recruitment through GATE 2023?
The average salary for a fresher varies between Rs. 7 lakh to Rs. 14 lakh per annum for the jobs recruitment through GATE in a PSU.
Who can apply for PSU Recruitment through GATE 2023?
Candidates who have a valid GATE score as per the engineering discipline can apply for PSU recruitment through GATE 2023.
What is the selection process of PSU jobs through GATE score?
The selection process for recruitment through GATE in PSUs is usually through a Personal Interview (PI) or Group discussion (GD). However, in some cases, the PSUs can hold a competitive examination as well.
Do PSUs recruit without GATE score also?
Yes, many PSUs recruitment is done without GATE Scores. However, in such cases, the selection process varies as per the post for which recruitment is released.
- Top 10 PSU Banks in India: A Comprehensive Overview
- PSU Percentage Limit 2024 | GATE & Non-GATE
- NON-GATE PSU Salary 2024
- PSU Salary After 3rd PRC: Engineer & Officer Salary
ongc recruitment through gate 2021, psu recruitment through gate 2021, Psu recruitment through gate syllabus 2021, Psu recruitment through gate salary 2021, Psu recruitment through gate pdf 2021, Psu recruitment through gate dates 2021, Psu recruitment through gate apply online 2021, Psu recruitment through gate 2021
|PSUs Guide Books
PSUs Total Information & Guidance
Click below given links to get further information.
|GATE 2024 Total Info||GATE 2024 Books||Free Notes 2023|
|IES 2024 Total Info||IES 2024 Books||Free Mock Tests 2023|
|JAM 2024 Total Info||JAM 2024 Books||Engg Diploma 2023|
|PSUs 2023 Total Info||M Tech 2023 Total Info||UGC NET 2023 Total Info|