“I have a backlog in B.Tech., Am I eligible for GATE 2019 ?
Are the students who have backlogs in B.Tech. eligible for GATE 2019 ?
You all must have this kind of questions in your mind. Below article will solve this puzzle of yours. Just take a look.”
Can I apply for GATE Exam having a backlog in B Tech – Bachelor in technology (B. Tech.)/bachelor in engineering(B.E.) is one of the common course which Indian students like to choose after completing their high school(Sr. Sec./12th). These courses are of generally 4 years for the candidates who get admission from 12th class to engineering directly through an entrance exam and 3 years for those who first completed 3 years engineering diploma.
These 4 years are further divided into 8 semesters of 6 months duration. During these 4 years candidates attend several papers in order to pass their engineering course. Sometimes some candidates failed to achieve required marks to pass a particular subject. If they are requiring certain limited marks to pass, College allot them some grace marks but sometimes even grace marks can’t help the candidate and the candidate get backlog in those subject(s).
Backlog subjects are the subjects which you can clear in consecutive years but you have to clear them before or along with final year so that your engineering degree remains in the limit of four years. Limiting engineering degree have varies advantages.
There are many candidates who get confused with the eligibility of GATE and their B.Tech. performance. There are many candidates who have asked various questions to me about this issue many times. So that I decided to write a post on this issue. Here are the few queries which I have faced from candidates till now :
1. I am studying in B.Tech. 3rd year of Mechanical engineering. I cleared my first year without any backlog but I got grace in two subjects with 65% in first year. Now I am confused that I would be eligible for GATE 2019 ?
2. I am a student of final semester of Civil engineering. I got one backlog in my first year of engineering. I have cleared that backlog. Does GATE office accept students who failed in few subjects in previous semester(s) for writing GATE examination ?
3. I am studying in B.Tech. final year of Electrical engineering. I have two backlogs in my second semester. Which I haven’t passed yet. Now I am trying my level best. I am confident that I will clear these papers in final year. I don’t want to waste one year so can I apply for GATE 2019 ?
4. I did my B. Tech. course during 2014-2018. I had 23 backlogs during these 4 years. I have cleared 18 backlogs till now. I still have 5 backlogs to clear. I will write those exams in the year 2019. Therefore my B. Tech 4 year course will convert into 5 year course. I am planning to write GATE 2019. Till now my aggregate is 66%. I am pretty much sure that it would above 60% when I will clear all my B. Tech. course papers. I am preparing hard to clear these backlogs in the coming attempt. As per my current record i.e., 5 year B.tech. , 23 backlogs and B.tech aggregate of nearly 60%, I have these two queries :
(1) Am I eligible for GATE 2019 ?
(2) Am I eligible for M. E. / M. Tech. ?
Qualifying Degree : B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm.
Qualifying Degree/Examination(Description) : Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering / Technology).
Description of Eligible Candidates : Who are currently in the final year or already completed.
* Information for GATE 2019.
There is nothing written about percentage in B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm. course anywhere in GATE 2019 information brochure. Then what is the percentage criteria for GATE 2019 for a B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm candidates ?
There is no certain percentage criteria for a B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm. candidate who want to attend GATE 2019 examination. So one who cleared or sure about clearing B.E./B.Tech./B.Pharm course in the year 2019, are eligible for GATE 2019.
1. Yes you can apply for GATE 2019. As per GATE 2019 eligibility criteria a candidate who is currently in final year or already completed is eligible for GATE exam. So if you clear your 4 year engineering degree within 4 years i.e., in 2019. You are eligible for GATE 2019 exam. There would be no effect of grace any stage of your GATE exam.
2. Yes you can apply for GATE 2019. As per GATE 2019 eligibility criteria a candidate who is currently in final year or already completed is eligible for GATE exam. So if you clear your 4 year engineering degree within 4 years i.e., in 2019. You are eligible for GATE 2019 exam. There would be no effect of backlog(s) at any stage of your GATE exam.
3. Yes you can apply for GATE 2019. As per GATE 2019 eligibility criteria a candidate who is currently in final year or already completed is eligible for GATE exam. So if your clear your all backlogs along with your final year exam during the year 2019. You are eligible for GATE 2019.
4. Yes you can apply for GATE 2019. As per GATE 2019 eligibility criteria a candidate who is currently in final year or already completed is eligible for GATE exam. So if your clear your all backlogs during the year 2019. You are eligible for GATE 2019. Yes you are eligible for M. Tech. too. There would be no any issue because of this much backlogs and 5 year B. Tech. course neither during GATE exam nor M. Tech. admission.
|GATE (Reasoning & Aptitude & Maths) Books
|GATE Guide Books
Click below given links to get further information.
|GATE 2021 Total Info||GATE 2021 Books||Free Notes 2020|
|IES 2021 Total Info||IES 2021 Books||Free Mock Tests 2020|
|JAM 2021 Total Info||JAM 2021 Books||Engg Diploma 2020|
|PSUs 2020 Total Info||M Tech 2020 Total Info||UGC NET 2020 Total Info|