“How much GATE score required for IISc, Bangalore ?
How much GATE marks required for direct admission in IIT’s ?
You all must have this kind of questions in your mind. Below article will solve this puzzle of yours. Just take a look.”
After GATE result M.E, M.Tech, Ph.d. admissions in various colleges will start for the session of 2017. Colleges follow their own rules for admission in their various programmes. As per GATE score of a candidate some institutes provide direct admission, some conduct group discussion and interview. Selection process is wholly depend upon institution. IISc and IIT’s organize group discussion and interview in order to select candidates for their M.E, M.Tech, Ph.d. programmes. CCMT counselling is now being used by NIT’s for their M.E, M.Tech, Ph.d. programmes.
Must Check : Top Institutes for M Tech/ME/Ph D
You must have thinking that if there is group discussion and interview even after GATE exam then what is the use of GATE ? There is group discussion and interview in order to select suitable candidate for their various programmes. GATE score weightage is always greater among these like 70-85% of total. So, always focus more on your GATE exam score. So that you would get advantage while getting admission in India’s top colleges. Candidates who get admission through GATE score would be eligible for stipend of Rs. 13,000 per month.
You must have thinking that why I provided GATE rank analysis instead of GATE marks analysis ?
If I tell you that you need to score 95/100 to get admission into IISc, Bangalore for a particular branch through GATE 2017 and by chance in GATE 2017 highest marks is 85/100 because of difficult paper designed by GATE office then my suggestion will go wrong.
This is why I designed this post based on rank not on marks. Marks may vary year by year but rank for getting selected in a particular college and course is almost same because seats for a particular course doesn’t vary frequently. So try to get AIR rank in GATE 2017 within 100 for getting admission into IISc, Bangalore/Top IITs. Summarily try to get as much as possible marks as you can in GATE 2017 because you can’t decide highest marks and cut off marks while attending GATE 2017 exam.
Must Check : How much marks in GATE for PSUs ?
There are three ways in which candidates are offered admission to an institute :
1. Direct Admission on the basis of GATE score.
2. Interview of the candidates based on their GATE score and then Admission.
3. Candidate shortlisted on the basis of thier GATE score then a Written test then Interview and then Admission.
S. No. Institutes GATE Rank 1. Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore,
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay
(1) For Direct Admission : AIR < 100
(2) For some courses : ≤ AIR ≤ 600
2. Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur,
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi,
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
(1) For Direct Admission : AIR < 100
(2) For some courses : ≤ AIR ≤ 300
3. Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur AIR ≤ 600 4. Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee,
Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati,
Indian Institute of Technology, BHU
AIR ≤ 1000 5. National Institute of Technology’s,
Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad,
Indian Institute of Technology, Patna etc
AIR ≤ 1500 6. Government Engineering Colleges (National & State level) AIR ≤ 2500 7. Private Engineering Colleges (National & State level) AIR ≥ 2500
* These are general statistics, most appropriate for the popular departments like Electronics, Computer Science, Electrical and Mechanical Engineering in their most popular and common courses. For more details you may check concern Institutes website.
GATE Guide Books
Click below given links to get further information.
Be a Part of The New & Next
Share the Knowledge