“Are you searching best gate exam reference books?
Then you are at the right place. Just check below.”
BEST PREPARATION BOOKS
IIT JAM 2024 Books – Here we are proving best IIT JAM 2024 Books of all 7 subjects : Economics (EN), Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) and Physics (PH).
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) is an all India examination. Which is conducted every year by Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs at Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee). This exam is conducted for undergraduate students of science of various fields.
- IIT JAM 2024 Highlights
- IIT JAM Books 2024
- Is IIT JAM easier than GATE?
- IIT JAM 2024 Books for Biotechnology
- IIT JAM 2024 Books for Mathematics
- IIT JAM 2024 Books for Chemistry
- IIT JAM 2024 Books for Physics
- IIT JAM 2024 Books for Geology
- IIT JAM 2024 Books for Biological Science
- IIT JAM 2024 Books for Mathematical Statistical
- IIT JAM 2024 Books for Economics
- IIT JAM 2024 Books FAQs
- IIT JAM Total Information & Guidance
IIT JAM 2024 Highlights
|IIT JAM 2024 Conducting Body||IIT, Madras (IITM)|
|IIT JAM 2024 Exam Date||11 February, 2024 (Sunday)|
|IIT JAM 2024 Total Subjects||7 (BT, CY, EN, GG, MA, MS and PH)|
|IIT JAM 2024 Exam Duration||3 hours (180 minutes)|
|IIT JAM 2024 Number of Questions||60|
|IIT JAM 2024 Exam Mode||ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT)|
|IIT JAM 2024 Question Type||MCQ, MSQ, NAT|
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) examination is conducted every year. This exam is mainly for getting admission into higher all India ranking colleges of engineering and technology like IISc, IITs, NITs.
So this exam is one of the most reputed and competitive examination. Every year lakhs of candidates write this exam but very few 1 out of 300 make it to get admission into IISc or any one of seven IITs.
Books that candidates read at their undergraduate level are of the great importance for getting good rank in IIT JAM exam because IIT JAM syllabus is based on syllabus of undergraduate level.
Here we are providing the list of books which will help you in your preparation for each branch individually.
Here in the below table you may choose any subject as per your choice to which you want to attend IIT JAM paper in 2024. You may visit the respective link by clicking the icon against each branch.
IIT JAM Books 2024
|Paper Code||JAM Papers||Jam Books|
|Paper Code||JAM Papers||Jam Books|
|EN||Economics [new added]|
|BL||Biological Sciences [discontinued]|
Is IIT JAM easier than GATE?
Joint Admission Test for MSc (IIT JAM) and Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) are two of the most popular national-level entrance examinations in India. While IIT JAM is conducted for admission to various postgraduate programmes in science and technology, GATE is conducted for admission to postgraduate programmes in engineering and technology. In this article, we will discuss whether IIT JAM is easier than GATE.
Both IIT JAM and GATE are competitive examinations, and their difficulty level varies based on the subject chosen. However, in general, IIT JAM can be considered easier than GATE.
The primary reason for this is that IIT JAM is a specialized examination, and the questions asked are more focused on a specific subject.
On the other hand, GATE covers a broader range of topics, and the questions are more comprehensive.
Another factor that makes IIT JAM easier than GATE is the level of competition. GATE is attempted by a larger number of aspirants, and the competition is much higher than IIT JAM.
However, it is important to note that the difficulty level of both exams varies based on the subject chosen.
Some subjects in IIT JAM, such as Mathematics and Physics, can be quite challenging, while some subjects in GATE, such as Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering, can be relatively easier.
In conclusion, while both IIT JAM and GATE are competitive exams, IIT JAM can be considered easier than GATE. However, the difficulty level of both exams varies based on the subject chosen.
Aspirants must choose the exam that best aligns with their interests and academic background and prepare thoroughly to crack the examination.
IIT JAM 2024 Books for Biotechnology
- Biochemistry: Biochemistry by Lehninger
- Biochemical Calculations: Irwin H Segel
- Molecular Biology: Molecular Biology by Watson
- Cell Biology: Bruce Alberts or Lodish
- Biochemical Calculations: Irwin H Segel
- Development Biology: Gilbert
- CERT for General Reading and MCQ Books: Dinesh or Pradeep
- Microbiology: Prescott, Pelczar
IIT JAM 2024 Books for Mathematics
- Linear Algebra: Seymour Lipschitz (Schaum’s), H. Anton, A.R.Vasishtha.
- Ordinary Differential Equation: Peter J. Collins, G.F. Simmons, M.D. Raisinghania.
- Principle of Real Analysis: S. C. Malik.
- Abstract Algebra: Bhattacharya, Jain & Nagpal
- Calculus: Howard Anton, Irl Bivens, Stephens Davis
- Principles of Mathematical Analysis: Walter Rudin
- Real Analysis: H. L. Royden.
- Modern Algebra: A. R. Vasishtha 8. University Algebra: N. S. Gopalakrishnan.
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics: Erwin Kreyszig
- Vector Calculus: Murray R. Spiegel (Schaum’s), A.R.Vasishtha
IIT JAM 2024 Books for Chemistry
IIT JAM Physical Chemistry Books
- Theory of Gases: Physical Chemistry–Peter W. Atkins
- Chemical and Phase Equilibria: Principals of Chemical Equilibrium & Phase Rule –K.G. Denbigh
- Electrochemistry: An Introduction to Electrochemistry–Samuel Glasstone
- Chemical Kinetics: Chemical Kinetics – Keith J. Laidler
- Solid State: Solid State–Peter W. Atkins
- Adsorption: Introduction to Surface Chemistry & Catalysis – Gabor A. Somorjai
- Basic Mathematical Concept: Differential Equation & Matrices–Shanti Narayan
IIT JAM Inorganic Chemistry Books
- Periodic Table: Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
- Chemical Bonding and Shapes of Compounds: Inorganic Chemistry – Miessler & Tarr
- Main Group Elements (s and p blocks): Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
- Transition Metal (d block): Concise Inorganic Chemistry – James E. Huheey
- Analytical Chemistry: Quantitative Inorganic Analysis – A. I. Vogel
- Bioinorganic Chemistry: Inorganic Chemistry – James E. Huheey
- Instrumental Method of Analysis: Instrumental method – Skoog, Holler & Crouch
IIT JAM Organic Chemistry Books
- Organic Chemistry: Carey & Sundberg
- Natural Products Chemistry: Organic Chemistry (Vol-II) – I. L. Finar
- Heterocyclic Chemistry: Organic Chemistry (Vol-I) – I. L. Finar
- Qualitative Organic Analysis: Introduction to Spectroscopy – Pavia, Lampman, Kriz, Vyvyan
- Basic Concepts in Organic Chemistry and Stereochemistry: P.S. Kalsi
- Organic Chemistry: Clayden, Greeves, Warner, and others
IIT JAM 2024 Books for Physics
- Mathematical Physics: H.K. Dass
- Mathematical Methods In The Physical Sciences: Mary L Boas
- Advanced Engineering Mathematics: Erwin Kreyszig
- Mathematical Methods for Physics & Engineering: Riley, Hobson & Bence
- Vector Analysis-Schaum’s Series: Murray R Spiegel
Mechanics & General Properties of Matter
- An Introduction to Mechanics: Kleppner and Kolenkow
- Classical Mechanics & General Properties of Matter: A.B. Gupta
- Classical Mechanics: Walter Greiner
- Classical Mechanics: J.C. Upadhyaya
- Classical Mechanics: Herbert Goldstein
Oscillations, Wave and Optics
- Optics: B. Ghosh
- Optics: Eugune Hecht, A. R. Ganesan
- Optics: Ajoy Ghatak
- Waves and Oscillations: N.K. Bajaj
- Waves and Oscillations: Brij Lal & N Subrahmanyam
Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics
- Electronics: B. Ghosh
- Solid State Physics: S.O. Pillai
- Digital Fundamentals: Floyd
- Solid State Physics: Puri & Babbar
- Electronic Devices & Circuit Theory: Boylestad & Nashelsky
Kinetic Theory, Thermodynamics
- Heat & Thermodynamics: H.P. Roy & A.B. Gupta
- Fundamentals of Statistical Mechanics & Thermal Physics: F. Reif
- Thermodynamics: Garg, Bansal & Ghosh
- Nuclear Physics: D.C. Tayal
- Introduction to Quantum Mechanics: David J. Griffiths
- Quantum Physics: H.C. Verma
- Concepts of Modern Physics: Beiser, Mahajan, Choudhury
Electricity and Magnetism
- Electricity & Magnetism: B.Ghosh
- Introduction to Electrodynamics: David J. Griffiths
IIT JAM 2024 Books for Geology
The Planet Earth
- Physical geology: Mukherjee Geo:dynamic
- Evolution of India: K S Vaidya
- Geomorphology: M.J. Selby
- Introduction to Geomorphology: Kale, VS, and Gupta
- A Remote Sensing Geology: R.P. Gupta
- Structural Geology: Prof. Haakon Fossen
- Structural Geology: S.K. Ghosh/Billings/Davis
- Paleontology: Ecosystems, Environments, and Evolution by Brenchley, P.J. and Harper, D.A.T.
- Introduction to Paleontology: Arnold
- Fundamentals of Historical Geology and Stratigraphy of India: Ravindra Kumar
- Stratigraphic principles and practice: J.M. Weller.
- Mineralogy: Dexter Perkins/Cornelis Klein
- Optical Mineralogy: Paul F. Kerr
- Optical Mineralogy: P.K. Verma
- An Introduction to Igneous and Metamorphic Petrology: John D. Winter
- Igneous Petrology: M.K. Bose
- Industrial minerals and rocks of India: Deb
- Economic Mineral Deposits: Bateman, A.M., and Jensen, M.L.
- Ore deposits of India their distribution and processing: Gokhale, K.V.G.K., and Rao
- Hydrogeology: Todd, and Karanth
- Groundwater: H.M. Ragunath
IIT JAM 2024 Books for Biological Science
- Cell and Molecular Biology: Karp
- Biochemistry: Jeremy M. Berg, Lubert Stryer, John L. Tymoczko
- Developmental Biology: Scott F. Gilbert, Susan R. Singer
- Kuby Immunology: Barbara A. Osborne, Richard Goldsby
- Essentials of Physiology: Lauralee Sherwood
- Molecular Biology of the Cell: Bruce Alberts
- Microbiology: John P. Harley, Donald Klein
- Life Sciences: Fundamentals and Practice – I, II: Pranav Kumar, Usha Mina
- Principles of Genetics: Gardner, Simmons, Snustad
IIT JAM 2024 Books for Mathematical Statistical
- Fundamentals of Mathematical Statistics: S.C. Gupta & V.K. Kapoor
- An Introduction to Probability and Statistics: V.K. Rohatgi
- Introduction to Mathematical Statistics: Robert V. Hogg and Craig Mckean Hogg
- Introduction to the Theory of Statistics: Mood and Graybill
IIT JAM 2024 Books for Economics
- National Education Policy 2020: Piyush Parashari
- Indian Economy: Mishra & Puri
- Macro Economic Analysis: Edward Shapiro and H.L. Ahuja
- Micro Economics: Anna Koutsoyiannis and H.L. Ahuja
- Mathematics For Economists: B.C. Mehta and G.M.K. Madnani
- Statistics and Econometrics: B.L Agarwal
IIT JAM 2024 Books FAQs
There are so many reference books for JAM examination. How do I study all of them ?
Here we are proving you two kind of solutions for this query : (1) You must select the best books such as those given in this article. (2) You can do group study so that you all can understand the concepts better.
Should I take proper coaching for JAM examination or self-study with adequate best books will be sufficient ?
It depends upon your ability and clarity of concepts of JAM Syllabus. If you feel the requirement of joining coaching, you can join and if you believe that you can do well on your own, go ahead and follow a proper timetable and collect best JAM Preparation books. Just start your JAM examination preparation as soon as possible.
What type of JAM reference books should I refer to study for JAM examination ?
You must refer the books that have been published by standard publications such as Tata McGraw-Hill (TMH), Prentice-Hall of India (PHI), Wiley etc.
Do the quantity of JAM Preparation books matter ?
No, the quantity of books does not matters but quality of books matters a lot. Students should focus on quality education. Always refer good and standard books only.
Apart from best books for JAM, which material is good for JAM examination preparation ?
Students who are doing self-study, refer standard preparation books , online resources such as youtube videos, apps for their JAM examination preparation. If students have joined coaching institutes, then prepare class notes and follow these notes properly.
To enhance your competitive ability, practice online mcqs, quizzes, mock tests and solve previous year JAM exam question papers.
How many JAM Preparation books should I refer for each subject ?
Two or three books are sufficient, depending on the subject. Start with one book and if you have any doubts, then move on to some other books.
We will here suggest you to follow one standard book at a time which cover almost 80-90% syllabus of JAM examination for a particular subject.
|IIT JAM Guide Books
IIT JAM Total Information & Guidance
Click below given links to get further information.
|GATE 2024 Total Info||GATE 2024 Books||Free Notes 2023|
|IES 2024 Total Info||IES 2024 Books||Free Mock Tests 2023|
|JAM 2024 Total Info||JAM 2024 Books||Engg Diploma 2023|
|PSUs 2023 Total Info||M Tech 2023 Total Info||UGC NET 2023 Total Info|