“How to prepare for gate 2020 in 6 months ?
How should I prepare for gate 2020 without coaching in 6 months ?
Can I crack gate exam in 6 months ?
You all must have this kind of questions in your mind nowadays. Below article will solve this puzzle of yours. Just take a look.”
How to prepare GATE 2020 in 6 months – You must have heard that some candidate says that I studied for only 6 months or 3 months and get 3 digit rank in GATE. You must have thinking that, that candidate is awesome. He is surely awesome but have you ever think what he/she did awesome with his/her study ? Here I am going to throw some light on such key points with the help of this article.
Must Read : How to Start Preparation for GATE 2020 ?
I am writing these point keeping in mind that a candidate have just 6 months to prepare for GATE 2020. Here, First I am writing some points which you must consider first.
You must have thinking that I always suggest you guys that always study using standard books. Here what I just wrote is different. I said, “don’t start with standard books not don’t use standard books”. Now I think you are understanding what I want to tell you.
If you start your study for GATE 2020 exam by reading standard books you would not go so far, just end up by completing a book of a single subject in this whole 6 month period because standard reference books contain 1000-2000 pages with lots of topics and information in it.
The syllabus of GATE is as large as your B. E. / B. Tech. complete course. So, Here you are going to complete that 4 year syllabus in just 6 months using lots of books, Guides and MCQ banks. Is it possible in just 6 months ? Think yourself.
You can’t even get all the information contain in a single standard book in these 6 months. So, Here you have to change your approach.
Then what to do ?
Answer is right below.
Obviously, If you are preparing for GATE 2020, You need to complete your whole GATE syllabus in just 6 months or earlier. So, If you start your preparation without any proper approach you will not be able to complete your whole GATE 2020 syllabus in just 6 months.
There may be many reason for not being complete your GATE 2020 syllabus in these 6 months, like you studied some topics in very deep while they were not much important from exam point of view, you spent lots of time on a single subject like your favorite one, din’t study regularly like study for 2 days all day and night and after that 10 days rest, studied topics which are less or not important from exam point of view.
So, Here your first preference must completing the whole GATE syllabus first. Obviously you have less time so you can’t go in depth of each topic and each subject. So study little bit of everything, little bit of each topic and each subject and finally little bit of the whole syllabus.
This point is also worth considering while preparing for GATE 2020. Many would tell you, No GATE question doesn’t get repeated generally. Here I would like to tell you GATE question also get repeated but in different way. They will not ask the same question again but they will ask the question with same approach again.
Like they asked a question, what is 1+1=?. Next time they will not ask the same question in the same way, they will ask like what is 2+3=?. Question may be different, values provided in the question may be different but approach of solving question will be almost same.
GATE syllabus is huge to prepare in just 6 months but here is a secret, GATE paper mostly contain numerical problems and numericals are based on formulas and formulas are limited. So, this is a key point by using this you can even limit this GATE huge syllabus by using some techniques.
Must read : How to Crack GATE 2020 Without Coaching ?
So always try to maintain a short note book in which you always write important formulas & short tricks which you think may be useful at the time of GATE 2020 examination. Nowadays there are many such short notes & formula books available in the market which you can use for this purpose, it will save your time during these last 6 months preparation.
Now let’s come to the point of discussion again, This post is specially designed for those candidates who want to prepare for GATE 2020 exam in just 6 months. Candidate preparing for GATE for 1/2/3/4 long years may follow this approach but will not be appropriate for those because they have huge time to prepare instead of just 6 months.
1. Start with previous years papers. Buy a book with previous 20-30 years solved papers. Solve each and every question precisely. Not just solve but also understand and solve questions which are closely related to that particular question from standard books. Remember solving questions without understanding will not help you much.
|GATE Guide Books
2. After solving previous 20-30 years papers nicely you will have a good idea about what kind of questions they ask in exam and from which topic they ask the most or frequently. Now note down such all topics and do solve some more questions from standard books or you may refer some good MCQ books related to those topics. Remember don’t waste your time on hard topics because your every single minute count here. You have limited time just 6 months for GATE 2020 preparation.
Must Check : GATE 2020 Books
3. Now its time to solve some mock tests. Arrange some previous mock tests from your friend or buy any mock test book from market and solve every question of the test precisely. Certainly you would not able to solve all the question of the test. This is not the point where you need to worry. Here you will get a good idea about in which area you are strong and in which area you are weak.
Go through each question one by one, to which you were not able to solve. Solve them with the help of standard books, internet etc.. Study enough so that you can answer the similar kind of question next time easily, if it appears. Remember, Here again try to understand the basic of that particular topic not go in depth. We have limited time just 6 months to prepare. If you find a question hard to understand or unlikely to be asked in exam, skip it. Mark it for later and move on. You can come back to these kind of questions later if time permits.
|GATE Guide Books
4. Repeat the same approach. keep solving as many paper as you can. It will increase your level of understand that what kind of question GATE office is going to ask in GATE 2020 exam and this will also give you an idea that how you would handle such kind of questions in GATE 2020 exam. If possible join some online test series of some reputed coaching institutes. It would be better to join multiple institutes test series if you can because you will face variety of question from different-different institutes. You will face different-different kind of questions for the same subject designed by different-different institute’s master. It will also help you in you real time GATE 2020 exam because GATE exam is nowadays online computer based test(CBT).
Must Check : Top (Best) 10 GATE/IES Online Test Series in India
5. Last but very important point besides understanding lots of things, reading lots of stuff, referring lots of books, joining lots of test series you need to remember these all things atleast till the GATE 2020 exam finish. So you need to revise these all things time to time so always prepare a plan or time table which contain timely revision. Make a time table for a whole day, for a week, for a month and for next 6 months for GATE 2020. Stick to the time table. Must include time for revision in each time table.
1. Start preparation by solving previous 20-30 years papers.
It will give you a good idea about what you have to prepare and what not to prepare. Because in this competitive world you need to be smart along with having knowledge.
Must check : GATE Previous Years Papers
2. First complete GATE whole syllabus as soon as possible.
You are going to attend GATE 2020. So, You have to complete it completely before GATE 2020 examination. Examiner may ask question from any subject and also from any topic mentioned in GATE 2020 syllabus.
Must check : GATE Paper Pattern & Syllabus
3. Solve previous 20-30 years papers precisely. Don’t just solve them, understand them.
GATE question don’t get repeated but by solving previous years papers you are being familiarize with questions asked in GATE exam. So that you can prepare according to that now for GATE 2020.
Must read : Top 10 mistakes done by GATE Aspirants
4. Solve question which are closely related to previously asked questions.
GATE question don’t get repeated but approach may get repeated. So solving related questions will surely increase your marks in GATE 2020 exam.
Must check : GATE 2020 Reference Books
5. Join some good online mock tests and prepare for them nicely.
As nowadays GATE exam is an online computer based test (CBT). So these online mock tests will prepare you to be familiarize with exam like environment and will also help you to improve your GATE 2020 preparation.
Must read : Is it necessary to join coaching for GATE 2020 ?
6. Make a proper time table as per your daily routine for a day, a week, a month and for 6 month period and stick to that.
As you have less time to prepare, So you need a proper plan to complete your whole GATE 2020 syllabus within time limit of 6 months.
7. Always keep a place for revision in your time table.
Revision is really-really important because you can’t remember all the things you have studied in last 6 months.
Must check : PSUs through GATE 2020
1. Don’t start preparation by reading standard books.
As you have less time to prepare, So you need be more focus on what you have to study first and what later. Its all about time management when time is less.
2. Don’t just solve previous years papers.
Just solving previous years papers will not help you much in GATE 2020 exam. It will even confuse you more in exam. So, solve previous years papers with understanding not just solving.
3. Never go in depth of some topics or subjects.
Obviously examiner is not going to ask all the question from the subjects which you have prepared well. They will ask question from almost all subjects. So prepare all subjects equally first.
“GATE examination is to check basic knowledge and understanding of a candidate at their graduate level.”
Original Question :
Of course short span of time one must solve previous year question papers but without reading standard books or without basics, I could not solve the problems, I felt very difficult to solve single problem. It made me inferior. What to do?
Asked by : Prabhu
Hello Prabhu & all,
I didn’t tell you don’t read standard books. You must again read our post.
Preparing with some technique & proper plan in 6 months for GATE exam would be more fruitful. While starting your GATE exam preparation with standard books will be hard to complete whole GATE syllabus in just 6 months because a single book contain 1000 pages atleast of a single subject.
Let me try to explain you this issue a little.
Question : Who is the current Prime minister of India ?
Answer : Narendra Modi
So what basically you must know in order to understand the question.
First what is the definition of a Prime minister in respect of India.
What is its work, responsibility etc.
Then comes question : Who is the prime minister of India and then Answer : Narendra Modi
After that also know about who were prime minister of India before Narendra Modi.
And who would be next to Narendra Modi in future.
That’s it question closed, go to next.
But for knowing “Who is the prime minister of India ?”
reading complete India Polity will not help you much. I hope you understand.
|GATE (Reasoning & Aptitude & Maths) Books
|GATE Guide Books
Click below given links to get further information.
|GATE 2021 Total Info||GATE 2021 Books||Free Notes 2021|
|IES 2021 Total Info||IES 2021 Books||Free Mock Tests 2021|
|JAM 2021 Total Info||JAM 2021 Books||Engg Diploma 2021|
|PSUs 2021 Total Info||M Tech 2021 Total Info||UGC NET 2021 Total Info|